AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need advice on the best DVD viewing solution for my situation.

First off, I am a lowly police officer (if you didn't guess by screen name), so needless to say, my budget is limited.

I currently have a Mitsubishi 50" HD plasma display. This display has DVI/HDCP input, BUT, it is not scaleable. In other words, whatever I input via DVI must be scaled or processed by the source as none of the Mitsubishi's adjustments are available on the DVI input.

Second, I have a Panasonic RP91 player which I like very much.

All I want, is the best possible DVD image available. If that means a DVI player so be it. Or, maybe an SDI mod for the Panny and a good scaler which accepts SDI and outputs a scaled image via the DVI output.

I do not necessarily care if the scaler handles SDTV particularly well, nor do I care if it does 1080p well.

I just want to get the absolute most out of my movie watching experience with my plasma.

Please give me good to the point advice, I would very much appreciate everyone's professional opinion.

:D

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
DVi will probably benefit you. There are only two dvi players out that are relatively cheap and both have problems. I would wait a few months until the new crop of dvi dvd players come out.

PS Thanks for keeping us safe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.