AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, as the title states, I am trying to figure out what would be the best enclosure to build for my tc sounds tc1000 12". I already have it in a sealed 2.1 cubic ft. enclosure and it sounds ok, but I don't seem to be getting a lot of low end. Over at the tc forums they have come out with new parameters for this driver and entering those into winisd, I get a -3db at 47hz, surely I can do better with this driver. When I model it in a 4 cubic foot vented enclosure, I get a -3db at 20hz, has anyone used this driver in either of these enclosures?

Would a sonosub be a possibility with this driver? If I do decide to go ported, do I have to worry about port resonance? I would really like to hear from any one who has modeled this sub and what their opinions are. TIA, Brian

·
Registered
82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappa7krazy /forum/post/0

Hello all, as the title states, I am trying to figure out what would be the best enclosure to build for my tc sounds tc1000 12". I already have it in a sealed 2.1 cubic ft. enclosure and it sounds ok, but I don't seem to be getting a lot of low end. Over at the tc forums they have come out with new parameters for this driver and entering those into winisd, I get a -3db at 47hz, surely I can do better with this driver. When I model it in a 4 cubic foot vented enclosure, I get a -3db at 20hz, has anyone used this driver in either of these enclosures?

Would a sonosub be a possibility with this driver? If I do decide to go ported, do I have to worry about port resonance? I would really like to hear from any one who has modeled this sub and what their opinions are. TIA, Brian

Its Q is below 0.3 which makes it very ideal for a vented box which will give you back all the low end, otherwise you need to EQ the bass a few dB around 20Hz. a 4 or 5 dB boots its no uncommon. As much as the T/S changed, there is no difference in output below about 25Hz. The newer driver has more BL product and is actually a more capable driver. Because of the higher damping, there is a little less output in the midbass region around 30-50Hz.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.