AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title sums it up. Anybody have any recommendations for a good fishing game?

I saw Rapala trophies on the PS store...Dumb question, but I can play downloaded PSP games on my PS3, right???

·
Registered
2,295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docj04 /forum/post/18217416

Title sums it up. Anybody have any recommendations for a good fishing game?

I saw Rapala trophies on the PS store...Dumb question, but I can play downloaded PSP games on my PS3, right???

Not a dumb question... only PSP Minis can be played on the PS3.

Unfortunately there aren't any good fishing games this gen.

·
Registered
764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikazaru /forum/post/18222924

Not a dumb question... only PSP Minis can be played on the PS3.

that sucks, i was thinking just last week how much i wanted to fish on my tv

·
Registered
1,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikazaru /forum/post/18222924

I disagree with that statement, there are quite a few on the Wii and they make good usage of the motion controller, unfortunately none that I know of on the PS3, I don't think there are even any Japanese domestic releases

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
I picked up Rapala Fishing Frenzy 2009 for the PS3 about 6 weeks ago. It's not a bad fishing game. The controls are ok. Casting and reeling work fine once you get used to it. You have to use the sixaxis motion control to cast. The tournament fishing gets pretty hard because you have to drive a boat around the lake and find/catch a certain species of fish in a set time limit. Driving the boat is done with the sixaxis also.

I have not played it alot, but I think there are (7) lakes to choose from once their all unlocked. You earn lures as you go thru the tourney. If you catch a big fish you have to watch how fast you reel it in, as the line will break/or the fish will get off. The game actually knows when you have a bigger fish on.

I like it because I'm a fisherman. My 7yr old daughter likes it too, and we take turns catching all the different species of fish in the game. It can be had for cheap, and that's one of the reasons I bought it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts