AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to get a 720p projector and wanting to have it on the floor so I can just run the wiring along the carpet(i cant ceiling mount it because I have no ceiling/wall access and having the wires dangling down would be very ugly.

I am wondering what projectors are out there under $2k that would be best for this situation.

Also, how would I go about calibrating the picture onto the screen(it'll be a tripod 92" screen that can be moved up/down.

Thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
If DLP doesn't cause rainbows for you, the Mits HD1000 is the best for the money. It could work for you depending on what the rise is on the tripod screen. i.e., if the bottom of your screen starts about 30 inches off the ground, the center of the lens needs to be at least 14.5 off the ground (no higher)

if you have a rainbow effect problem (like me) then DLP is out and LCD is in.

the two best choices at this price range are the Panasonic AX-100, though some people have experienced problems with color convergence, possibly due to excessive heat.

other option is the epson 400 or the epson 710, which is the same apparently to the epson 810 but it is an import machine, not made in the us.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Floor mounting is an option. I chose a table top for my projector. Bought a simple $20 black TV stand and put my AX100 on top of that. My table is maybe 20 inches high. I know it doesn't get in anyone's way during a movie.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.