AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if any of these are basic questions, I'm in a bit of a time-crunch.

I currently have an old-ish All-In-Wonder card with which I can a) watch captions in a window, b) watch captions over the video, and c) output the captions to a text file. I'm looking to upgrade to an HDTV card, but I'm having trouble figuring out which cards even support CC (let alone the option to save them in some form).

I like most of what I hear about the MDP-130 and the FusionHDTV 5, but if ATI's HDTV Wonder is the only one with decent caption support I might just go that route instead (assuming the newest MMC software is similar to mine).

An unrelated question: My CPU (AMD 1.5 ghz) is toward the low end of what HD cards seem to demand, but I'm hoping I can scrape by for now. In instances where I want to record a hi-def program to watch later, can this be done straight-to-disk without also decoding and viewing it live, or will there always be high CPU usage?

Finally, one thing I like about my current card is that I can capture TV to mpeg on the fly at any bitrate I choose. How flexible are the cards above in this regard with analog channels?

(P.S. - What's on the horizon for ATI? Are they coming out with a 2nd-gen HD card anytime soon?)

Thanks for your time (or links).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.