AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone here recommend what they feel to be the best HD CRT for the bedroom? I'm thinking either a 27" or 30", but would the 16:9 be too small on the 27"? All input is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
18,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancidcivic
Could anyone here recommend what they feel to be the best HD CRT for the bedroom? I'm thinking either a 27" or 30", but would the 16:9 be too small on the 27"? All input is greatly appreciated.
Do you want it to have a built-in HD tuner or just be HD-ready?

Will you be feeding it Cable or DirecTV? Or getting HD from an antenna?

The 27" and 30" Panny and Sony are both good TVs. JVC makes a great 30" set as well.

·
Premium Member
18,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancidcivic
Actually, I'm only gonna be using this TV for DVDs and games so I won't be needing an HDTV tuner at all.
DVDs would be better on the 30" widescreen, dunno about the games though (not a gamer). If by games you mean XBOX then if any of the games you like are in 720p then the Panasonic should be ruled out because it does not input or disply 720p signals. That would leave the Sony or the JVC, and the JVC is better than Sony. If you don't need 720p support than the Panny is still an option.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I recommend the Panasonic Tau HDTV CRT monitor CT-27HL15. Its a sweet deal for 550. Im not only a user, im a professional.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I was making this same choice in May. I was torn between a 32" 4:3 set, and a 30" 16:9 set. Ironically, I chose to go with a 34" 16:9 set for my bedroom. And I am so glad I went larger. Don't rule out a larger set until you take a look.

·
Banned
4,296 Posts
I love my KD30XS955 for my bedroom

in my living room it would be hard to enjoy the SFP tube

but in my bedroom, my viewing distance caries so much that many times I am only a couple feet from the screen and the TV really looks great with an HD source up close

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.