AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am on the quest for my second HD set, but I am only getting a small tube for my bedroom. Any advice on what the best tube out there for the buck is? It would be greatly appreciated. I do have a projection Toshiba now, but their tubes are over 3K, which is way too much in my opinion.

·
Banned
3,772 Posts
If you have a DTC100 or Dish 6000 then a Sony FW900

computer monitor makes a great (although small) HDTV display.

It is 24" Wide (16:10) but produces a very sharp image.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
By the way if you are looking for a monitor similar to the one meantioned by pvr.

Sun is selling (new) on ebay at least once a week the older model (sony f900) of the monitor, which is their Sun branded version.

The sun actions are usually Dutch and the price I think is 960.

This doesn't have a flat screen (like the sony fw900) but a slightly curved screen.

It is of course also a 24 inch screen, the format of these monitors is also 16:10 so hdtv has small black bars above and below.

also as of today there is a used refurbished version of this sun monitor on ebay, last I looked the bid was 550

to find these monitors, goto the monitors section of ebay an search "24 inch". I never get the 24 monitors searching in the gerenal search fields.

So goto browse, then to monitor, from there to 19 inch plus monitors and finally search for "24 inch" monitors

-tony

[This message has been edited by tonyb100 (edited 08-29-2001).]

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought a 27inch 4:3 (34"w, 23"h, 21.5"d) Samsung for my bed room. My bedroom is a medium sized (18'x16') and I feel the TV is a bit too large. It seemed to be a good size with all the big sets in the store but now I wish it was a bit smaller. With the TV, it's the stand, VCRs, DVD, STB, Cable Box, and switchers it's taking up a lot of room. If I had it to do over, I'd try to find something like PVR and tonyb100 are suggesting. I do enjoy my TV, the picture is great but it's hard to get things just right when you're the "first on your block" to get something new like HDTV. I hope my point of view helps. Good luck TR-VA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.