Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I am about 25 miles (as the crow flys) from the broadcast towers in Baltimore. I was wondering on the best attic antenna and where to buy the same. All I need is UHF.

Also should I use a rotor? Is there a remote control rotor or would I have to run a cable to from the controller to the rotor? I prefer not to do that. Is the remote something other than IR so I can get through the drywall?

Thanks! Joe

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am about 40 miles away from most of the broadcast towers in Chicago and just put a Radio Shack U-75R in my attic. All of the UHF digitals come in great!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would buy the biggest UHF antenna that would fit into the attic. You don't need a rotor if all of the stations are broadcast from the same location. Try here to see where your stations are located:
http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/Address.asp

If you do get a rotor why not run a wire to it since you need to run antenna wire anyway?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am about 30 miles from the transmitters and also use the Radio Shack U75R UHF-only antenna (about $22) mounted in my attic (mounted using the Radio Shack antenna mount). I receive all the digital stations in the area with strong signal strength and no reception problems (a temporary problem that I was experiencing on one station turned out to be a broadcasting problem). I do not use a rotor (all transmitters are in the same location). I can manually rotate the antenna about 15 degrees in each direction and still receive the stations, so precise fine tuning of antenna orientation is not necessary, at least in my situation.

Ron

·
Registered
30 Posts
Try a Channelmaster 4048 UHF antenna (75" UHF Yagi). I have one in the attic with a UHF amp at the antenna (Radio Shack 20 dB) and it works well for very poor signals.

Gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.