AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy. Leaning towards the Mitsubishi HD400. Also considering Hughes E4674 and Panasonic TU-HDS20. Anyone have experience with any of these? I want to be sure it will receive local HD signals as well. Do these REALLY integrate local program schedules into the DirecTV program guide as they proclaim? Any comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have the HD400, but I don't yet have my HD RPTV, which is being delivered in a few weeks. I bought both of them at the same time, but took the HD400 home to become familiar with it and to make sure it was working.

The HD400 has two inputs, antenna and satellite. You can use the antenna input for either an OTA antenna or coax cable input. If you want to use both OTA and cable, you have to use a diplexer and combine the OTA antenna signal with your satellite signal. This is considered an "advanced installation technique", according to Mitsubishi.

I bought the Radio Shack double bowtie antenna just to try things out and have had it configured all three ways: OTA and sat, cable and sat, and cable and OTA/sat. With the RS antenna, I was only able to pick up one digital signal, but the HD400 worked in all three configurations. The Advanced Program Guide integrates all input signals, and through your zip code, can determine all stations correctly. I'm currently using it with a cable and satellite connection.

Widescreen Review recently gave the HD400 a favorable review.

The complete HD400 manual is available at the DirecTV web site: http://www.directv.com/customer_cent...shi_SR-HD5.pdf

------------------

Tom

Sony SAT-T60 DirecTc>ic>Vc>oc> w/2.0.1

Sony SAN-24MD 24" elliptical dish

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've got the TUHDS-20 and am quire pleased. I have a recent unit with a very quiet fan and firmware 7.2. I have no dropouts or any other problems other than the slow menu. Overall for both OTA and DIRECTV I'd give this unit an excellent rating.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a Hughes E86 HD receiver. I think it is the same as the Mits and the Toshiba. Hughes makes all three units. I am very pleased with this receiver. Try www.*********************

------------------

Ron

·
Registered
103 Posts
CharlieA,

I have had the Mits HD400 for approximately 3 months, using it for T-W cable HD signal in NYC. I have been reading about problems with many of the other boxes, I have had zero problems with mine. It does what it is supposed to do, no fan, no noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.