AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Best: Smart Travels with Rudy Maxa, if your local PBS station is broadcasting a HD signal.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
If you're talking about network film-based dramatic shows, the answer is "The District" (even better than "CSI"). However, "The Sopranos" season three is better than both.

My top five (picture quality alone):

1. The Sopranos

2. The District

3. CSI

4. Judging Amy

5. Family Law

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
like vruiz said, if you talking about dramatic shows my list is:

1. CSI

2. Sopranos

3. The Guardian

on a side note, the best film to HD transfer i have seen was the Gilligan's Island special on CBS.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dagman
Band of Brothers . . . it is the only HDTV show I've been making an effort to watch. Sadly, there is only 1 more episode. I look forward to many encore presentations.
I couldn't agree more. Many of the network sitcoms and dramas don't really benefit that much from HDTV. However Band of Brothers comes alive with HDTV. The 5.1 audio and excellent video quality make this show more like a feature film. I am really going to miss it. HBO has taken alot of criticism from people on this forum (most of it deserved) but they really deserve high praise for their mini-series like BoB and From Earth to the Moon. In my opinion it is programming like this that makes HDTV worthwhile.

Jay

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I must be getting smarter, I agree with adebar.

1 CSI

2 Sopranos

3 The Guardian

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Band of Brothers (HBO)

1. Evolution (PBS)

2. Nova (PBS)

3. Smart Travels (PBS)

4. Sopranos (HBO)

Frank

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
1. Smart Travels - PBS

2. Evolution - PBS

3. Band of Brothers

I think the CBS shows on Monday need to turn up the brightness a notch or two and they would be really nice. I think out of all the CBS shows CSI is probably the nicest looking. I have not seen the Sopranos.

·
Registered
63 Posts
HDNet

Band of Brothers

HDNet

Last CBS Saturday Football ( better if they would have good games)

HDNet

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.