AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind this weekend and kept thinking how this would make a great double feature with Slaughterhouse Five, Lost Highway or even Zardoz. I've heard a lot about The Holy Mountain and El Topo, but have never seen either one.

Any other recommendations along the same line? I wanted to call the thread best "mind f***" movies...

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
THE TRIP with Peter Fonda.

It's a "flipper" disc with PSYCH-OUT (Jack Nicholson, Bruce Dern) on side B.

$9.99 "Midnight Movies" series - well worth the price for a look at '60s psychedelic films. :D

These are more "head trip" movies (literally) than "mindf***" movies. FACES OF DEATH is probably a good mindf*** series, though I haven't seen any of them and don't intend to. They would likely be really mindf****** if you were tripping while watching them.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
The Swimmer

i can see where certain personalites would not 'get' this film, but it hits me pretty hard. a very trippy film.

Solaris (the Soderbergh remake) is another that packed a mighty head punch for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I really liked Eternal Sunshine also.

Vidoedrome is a disturbing movie.

The main character is played by James Woods, who accidentally comes across some kind of underground snuff film. Then things get really weird after that. I won't spoil it for you.

Not the best film of all time, but it has some images that will stay with you for a very long time. The last time I seen it was at least 15 years ago, and there are seveal scenes I still can't get out of my mind.

Here's some more info if your interested.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086541/

I looked it up on Amazon. Cheapest price was something like $30 bucks.

LH

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I like a good Memento/Requium For a Dream double feature.............from time to time.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
2001 was the one back in the day. El Topo too, and Fantasia. If... is not bad either.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Jacob's Ladder was pretty disturbing to me when I first watched it. In the vein of 'six degrees of Tim Robbins', "Arlington Road" is a good one also.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Andrei Tarkovsky - Stalker

·
Registered
124 Posts
Train Spotting has some intense moments plus some pretty funny ones in a kind of weird way.

Peace,

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Courtney Cox's new film "November" is in this vein. I saw it at Piper's Alley here in Chicago on Sunday night. Didn't make a lot of sense...or at least I don't think it did. Ah Hell I don't know.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Un Chien Andalou

Eraserhead

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
Angel Heart

Dark City

Swimming to Cambodia

Funny Games

Naked Lunch

Pi

Pink Floyd: The Wall

Secret Window

Slacker

Waking Life

And of course, my favorite head-trip movie, BARTON FINK!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.