AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TV Authority will sell me a Samsung HLN617 for $4795 with free ground shipping. Of the forum dealers, does that sound good?

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
TV Authority just told me it could be up to a 3 week wait. Oh GOD not this again! I looked at Proactive Electronics and they have this TV for $4200 plus $325 for shipping, $4525 total. But I'm wondering if they can even get it.

Who is the least expensive and yet reliable store? I need some help here.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also heard The Sales Store had a good price of $4529 delivered. But after e-mailing Martha Latour, I found her to be rude. She kept insisting you can't get the HLN617 yet. And that the HLM's were delayed. When I kept asking her questions she came back with this:

"Circuit City does not have stock and neither does Brands Mart so if you found one go and buy it already. I do not have time for this!!!!!"

I won't be buying from The Sales Store, thanks to their rude sales and support manager Martha Latour!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Resist,

Did you have to call TV Authority for them to offer the free shipping? I don't see such an offer on their site. Thanks and good luck! :)

Quote:
TV Authority will sell me a Samsung HLN617 for $4795 with free ground shipping

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
TV Authority has a good reputation in the this forum for sticking with a very large and complicated power buy for the HLM507 & HLM431 sets. There were a lot of problems not of their making but they hung in there.

The reason I dropped out was to wait for the HLN567.

If I ever spend that kind of money through a web merchant they would be at the top of my list. It's too bad they are now in California which would cost me some sales tax.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How interesting about the sales tax thing, because they told me the TV was $4795 to my door. Guess I have to e-mail them again.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is what they just told me; "$4795 is the total price to your door. We are a Florida corporation, so there is no sales tax for California."

·
Registered
533 Posts
Resist --

We are a Florida corporation for the next 15-20 days. Just waiting for one more piece of paperwork from the State of California, and our transition will be complete. Therefore, if you purchase sometime before the end of May, you will not have to pay sales tax in California.

For what it's worth though -- we have every plan to help compensate for the sales tax issue. If at all possible, we will lower our prices for California customers so that the difference between our CA customers and the rest of the nation won't be terribly different.

Hope that helps!

BTW -- HLN617's are in stock at Samsung. We've got several units being held their for us. Unfortunately, Samsung takes their sweet butt time in releasing our units, and that's why the very cautious 2-3 week time frame is given from us.

All the other models are being shipped from us directly, and therefore don't fall in that time frame.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by neiltvauthority
Resist --

[clip]

For what it's worth though -- we have every plan to help compensate for the sales tax issue. If at all possible, we will lower our prices for California customers so that the difference between our CA customers and the rest of the nation won't be terribly different.
Interesting. Now if you could compensate for the shipping issue the rest of the country has to pay...

·
Registered
7 Posts
For what its worth, I just bought a HLN617W from PC Richards on Long Island for $4,100. Had to pay sales tax but delivery is only $50. They have them in stock and ready for delivery.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So what was your out the door price (including sales tax)? $50 for delivery sounds nice if you live locally, but what about the rest of us? How many did they have in stock?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I paid $4600 at Magnolia HiFi in Portland, Oregon. When I called the store they said the warehouse had 11 in stock (2 weeks ago). I scheduled for me to pick it up three days later and it was there waiting for me. HLN617W, no sales tax, $500 for the stand (which I highly recommend, it is beautiful). And I love my new TV, no bad pixels, no rainbows, just a great picture!

·
Registered
44 Posts
and there is no sales tax in Oregon.....

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm glad to see PC Richards is carrying the new Samsung DLP line. They are very good to "civil servants" like myself and they are a local store here on LI.

I want a Samsung DLP but I may wait for the new 46" version.

·
Registered
115 Posts
hey hollyllama , do u know how much the hln 507 is at pc richards, because that sounds like a great price for the 617..........Dave

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Neil,

I can't seem to get a response from anyone there through email now. I asked what kind of further deal I could get if I also buy the TV stand and 4 year extended warranty for the Samsung HLN617?

I'm very interested and want to get this deal going!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Resist --

Forum rules do not allow us to discuss pricing here on the forum.

If you'd like, feel free to email me directly at: [email protected] and I'll see what I can do for you.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.