AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the HTPC scene and have spent some time exploring some HTPC frontend programs. To my knowledge, there are basically three major players: myHTPC, Main/DVD/Music Lobby, and xlobby. MCE is I imagine another option, but only for those purchasing new computers. Anyway, I have spend sometime setting up myHTPC and it shows great promise. Seems like good support via the forums and fairly flexible. There seems to be promise for a myHTPC version 2 and the creator seems very committed to the project. The cinemar package with Main/DVD/Music lobby obviously looks impressive from the website and would seem to be the best looking frontend, and it should as it is a pay program and not exactly cheap if you want all the options. Other than looking impressive, what else are you getting above myHTPC as far as features, etc. for the extra money??

I just ran across xlobby yesterday and havent tried much with it. How does it compare with myHTPC?

Anyway, just looking for opinions as to where to begin investing time and how all the programs compared--Pros and cons. Perhaps there is a site or otherwise that compares all the programs that I could get a link to. Any opinions would be great.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.