AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at HTPC vs. A/V based dedicated music servers/jukeboxes, such as Escient's Fireball or Tunebase. The user interface and whole house control on these dedicated units is very nice.

That said, I think I am ready to take the HTCP plunge.

My application will include whole house music distribution. As such, it is vital that I be able to do two things well:

1) Have good IR based primary controls for PLAY functions, (e.g. select album/song etc; create play lists; select play lists; add/delete from play lists; etc). I will need to control all playing from universal remotes over an IR network that runs through the house. If this will be too limiting, I could consider upgrading to RS 232, etc.

2) Similarly, I will need good IR based control over DISPLAY functions. I will distribute the jukebox images to TVs throughout the house, so I can see what am selecting with the IR based remote.

It is fine for me to use a keyboad for other functions like downloads, ripping, etc.

Does anyone have suggestions for the best Jukebox (and the applicable remote)?

Thanks, once again!

--Caleb

·
Registered
484 Posts
Check out Media Jukebox at www.musicex.com. It has a number of remote control plug-ins.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.