AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've been using this new PS3 Bluetooth keyboard. Its a small full keyboard with an integrated pointing device. Bought mine on eBay. Works great.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawd1992 /forum/post/21905895

I just bought this keyboard. It's really nice, but it doesn't have a right click button. It works fine with WMC 7.

Try the FN + left click button.

·
Registered
195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by troylane /forum/post/21908013

Try the FN + left click button.

Nice, thanks. I looked at a couple of forums & everybody was saying there was no right click, one was even a Logitech forum. You'd think somebody there knew about this. Thanks again.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrocker001 /forum/post/21906937

I've been using this new PS3 Bluetooth keyboard. Its a small full keyboard with an integrated pointing device. Bought mine on eBay. Works great.

Do you have a model number?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Guy's after some thought I was thinking about using a wireless xbox 360 controller. I went ahead and order a Wireless Controller adapter. I know I should be able to control things once the computer is turned on, but I've been trying to find hacks that would allow me to turn on the HTPC buy holding down the center "X" button just like you would on a 360. I'm all ears if any of you have feed back.

Adapter - $10 on Amazon

Controler - Already owned

Chat pad

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have this little guy form IOGear:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823176024

I got it on a Shell Shocker for 39 bucks, and it was well worth that! I don't think I'd pay the full regular price for it, or even the current discounted one, but for 40 bucks, it's great! I would not use it for day-to-day PC use, but for basic quick keyboard.mouse tasks on a HTPC, it works perfectly and is small enough to just slip out of the way when it's not needed.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Anybody using the Boxee remote. Sits in the palm of your hand and has the qwerty built in. For Plex Or XBMC?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone tried using a tablet? It seems like it would be the perfect all-in-one solution to the ergonomically challenged htpc keyboard/mouse conundrum. Maybe even an i-phone would work, or other brand smartphone.

The chatpad solution would have been terrific had MS ever released drivers for it, however as of now no official ones exist, and only a wired hack provides solution.

I wonder if windows 8 will resolve connectivity issues (if there are any)

anyone?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithographer /forum/post/0

Has anyone tried using a tablet? It seems like it would be the perfect all-in-one solution to the ergonomically challenged htpc keyboard/mouse conundrum. Maybe even an i-phone would work, or other brand smartphone.

The chatpad solution would have been terrific had MS ever released drivers for it, however as of now no official ones exist, and only a wired hack provides solution.

anyone?

I tried several keyboards including the Lenovo. They all had issues IMO. Then I downloaded the Air Mouse app for my iPad and iPhone and haven't looked back. You can't beat the price if you already have the hardware and they "just work." When you are typing, your letters show up on the device so you don't have to be looking up all the time at the monitor and the mouse tracks perfectly. Your whole screen becomes the trackpad. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithographer /forum/post/0

well that solves just about every problem I've ever had with my htpc ... thank you thank you thank you and thank you.

Glad you like it! I guess it's called Mobile Mouse now but when you do a search for Air Mouse it comes up. You will want to assign an ip address to your HTPC and then put it in the settings for Mobile Mouse to make the connection easier. I've got several HTPC's so it is much easier with assigned ip's and naming each individual HTPC.

·
Registered
261 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33TX43RT /forum/post/0

This...

Ive been using this for about a month. I loved it at first, but the more I use it, the more annoyed I get. It seems like the range is just a foot less than where I usually sit from the pc.(about 12 feet or so) and when I am holding it, my hands seem to block the signal. I have large hands and they sort of wrap around it while I type. If i hold it with my fingertips, it works better. I think i will be looking for something else.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doozer12 /forum/post/21927090

Ive been using this for about a month. I loved it at first, but the more I use it, the more annoyed I get. It seems like the range is just a foot less than where I usually sit from the pc.(about 12 feet or so) and when I am holding it, my hands seem to block the signal. I have large hands and they sort of wrap around it while I type. If i hold it with my fingertips, it works better. I think i will be looking for something else.

Interesting. I ahve one of those Rii N7s and never have those problems.

You just have to deal with it being really small, which is handy sometimes, but annoying other times. I find I have to look at the keyboard a lot ot get things correct whereas I can touch type on a larger keyboard like a k400.

But recognizing that it's really small, the N7 is really handy and inobtrusive.

·
Registered
335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithographer /forum/post/21926506

anyone?

Both android and apple have apps for this. I just got a samsung galaxy player 4. I use the gmote app which gives me a keyboard and mouse pad. It's kind of annoying cause to save battery life I set my device to shutoff fairly quickly if nothing is pressed. So waiting for the device to turn on again is a little annoying but you can just change the settings to not shut off.

I also use tonido to access my media on my pc while I'm away. With gmote, I can just pull up my mp3 files and select one and it'll play from my stereo system, or pull up my list of movies and select one and it'll play on the tv through my pc. But the media player gmote uses doesn't have many features so I usually run the movies off my wd live box.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyboy  /t/1333203/best-htpc-keyboard-for-sofa-use-with-trackpad-or-similar#post_20398301

Enermax KB008W Aurora Micro Wireless Black Aluminum Brushed Keyboard 2.4GHZ Laser Trackball. I really love this, matches my theatre components.

http://www.enermax.co.uk/produkte/pe...cro-wirel.html

Hi,

I've been using the Enermax Micro Aurora keyboard for about 6 months, and, while the keyboard part and the left-side mouse buttons + the scroll wheel are rock solid, the trackball sucks. It simply gets stuck with dirt and the mouse cursor refuses to move, or I can make it move with a lot of pain and frustration. Sometimes I have to hold the keyboard upside down and in order to have the ball moving properly.

The trackball is a pain in the arse, because they haven't designed to be open separately, for easy cleanup. And you have instead to dismantle the whole keyboard in order to get access to the ball to clean it.

It's too bad because otherwise, the keys are rock solid, have a good layout, and I also love the left/right click buttons and the separate scrolling wheel.

Did you find an workaround for the trackball issue? Why the heck didn't they make it easily detachable for regular clean up, like a mouse?

For this reason solely, I'm so frustrated that I want to dump it and buy something else instead, with a built-in touchpad instead of trackball.

Thank you.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
I have the Logitech K400 keyboard with trackpad & really like it. If you search the forum several other people also like it. It does have a left side mouse button which is handy. It's not a mini style keyboard but it is smaller than a full size one. It has great range - mine will work at least 20 feet from the HTPC, not that I use it at that distance. Retail is $39.99 but is frequently on sale for $29.99 from Amazon, Newegg, etc.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts