AVS Forum banner

2881 - 2900 of 3212 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just arrived....

^^^^^^ Nice!

I have a very similar stack of 4, CDT-5650-C II sitting at home that I will hopefully be installing this weekend.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
^^^^^^ Nice!

I have a very similar stack of 4, CDT-5650-C II sitting at home that I will hopefully be installing this weekend.
Hello local AVSer. Can't wait to hear what you think of the atmos setup when its done.

Reactions: rynomyte

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hello local AVSer. Can't wait to hear what you think of the atmos setup when its done.
Hello fellow Carolinian...always nice to see!

I will definitely report back. I've been wanting to do this for several years now all the while keeping an eye out for deals on the klipsch in ceiling speakers that would match my current system. Just before thanksgiving, an ebay listing popped up with a handful of the 5650's brand new, for right around $120 each, so I had to jump on it.

Lots going on as the year draws to a close so I am really hoping to get these installed this weekend. If not it will have to wait till after Xmas and that's not an option in my book! Been doing lots of pre planning and I've got plan of attack in mind so I'm hopeful. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
148 Posts
^^^^^^ Nice!

Definitely make a post and review them....I really couldn’t find much info on them, but they seemed to be the best speakers to match my system.

Mine haven’t moved as I can’t find an installer.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Definitely make a post and review them....I really couldn’t find much info on them, but they seemed to be the best speakers to match my system.

Mine haven’t moved as I can’t find an installer.

Will do!

I know. I had the same issue and could not find much specific info on the Klipsch in ceilings for Atmos and really made the decision based on the facts that, 1 - I like my Klipsch system and 2 - They matched my current system perfectly. I am fairly sure that I won't regret it and hopefully will be reporting back soon with my findings.

Reactions: 084runnerltd

·
Registered
148 Posts
Will do!

I know. I had the same issue and could not find much specific info on the Klipsch in ceilings for Atmos and really made the decision based on the facts that, 1 - I like my Klipsch system and 2 - They matched my current system perfectly. I am fairly sure that I won't regret it and hopefully will be reporting back soon with my findings.

Sounds good. I am standing by for the report.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
RSL recommends using denim insulation. It's low cost and effective and can be purchased from somewhere like Home Depot. I recently noticed that the quietest dishwashers (Bosch) also use this for sound dampening.
Where does Bosch use denim, I am on my third with the latest that has home connect in the 800 series and just had the repair guy out to replace the AquaStop line.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Where does Bosch use denim, I am on my third with the latest that has home connect in the 800 series and just had the repair guy out to replace the AquaStop line.

I noticed it when I had my Bosch installed. It's on the sides and top, can't miss it

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
any coaxial design for superior imaging which is really what you want for atmos

·
Registered
70 Posts
Getting 4 Martin Logan Helos12 installed for Atmos and 2 ML Electromotion IC's installed for rear surrounds next week.
Been running with 2 generic in ceilings for 20 years, Wife wanted to know a few weeks ago what all this black dust was below them... checked and the foam cone surround was almost rotted out. LOL

Will report back after installation.

Current equipt.
LG 77 C8
Marantz SR7013
Martin Logan Motion 40 LR
Martin Logan 50XT CC
Dual SVS SB 13 Ultras

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sounds good. I am standing by for the report.

So, Ive been super busy this week and haven't had much time but I wanted to drop in and give you an update...

I was able to install the 5650's this weekend and long story short is, they (and Atmos) are awesome! I had to install them maybe a foot forward and a foot more rearward than I would have liked due to a skylight and the underlying joists but they are still well within the Amos specs as far as placement.

The overall effect is just a much more open sound stage than before and this is just with regular content. my 5.1 system has new life in it and has never sounded so good. We watched Spiderman Homecoming on Sunday night and the use of Atmos and the overheads was really something! That's the only true Atmos movie I have watched so far due to lack of time but I have sampled a few minutes of some netflix offerings in Atmos when I've had a few minutes and it was quite enjoyable. As of now only my HTPC can provide us with true Atmos and I downloaded a bunch of Atmos demos from https://thedigitaltheater.com/dolby-trailers/ that were much better than those on the Microsoft Atmos App for windows and also in a lossless format.

Anyway, I can't wait for some more time to experience my new set up and I can guarantee you will be pleased when you finally get yours installed.

Reactions: 084runnerltd

·
Registered
148 Posts
Great!!! Let us know when you have a chance to play with them more.

Maybe you mentioned this in a past post, but were you using something prior to these for Atmos? “Bouncy Atmos speakers,” “front heights,” etc....or is this the first time running Atmos through your AVR?

So, Ive been super busy this week and haven't had much time but I wanted to drop in and give you an update...

I was able to install the 5650's this weekend and long story short is, they (and Atmos) are awesome! I had to install them maybe a foot forward and a foot more rearward than I would have liked due to a skylight and the underlying joists but they are still well within the Amos specs as far as placement.

The overall effect is just a much more open sound stage than before and this is just with regular content. my 5.1 system has new life in it and has never sounded so good. We watched Spiderman Homecoming on Sunday night and the use of Atmos and the overheads was really something! That's the only true Atmos movie I have watched so far due to lack of time but I have sampled a few minutes of some netflix offerings in Atmos when I've had a few minutes and it was quite enjoyable. As of now only my HTPC can provide us with true Atmos and I downloaded a bunch of Atmos demos from https://thedigitaltheater.com/dolby-trailers/ that were much better than those on the Microsoft Atmos App for windows and also in a lossless format.

Anyway, I can't wait for some more time to experience my new set up and I can guarantee you will be pleased when you finally get yours installed.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Great!!! Let us know when you have a chance to play with them more.

Maybe you mentioned this in a past post, but were you using something prior to these for Atmos? “Bouncy Atmos speakers,” “front heights,” etc....or is this the first time running Atmos through your AVR?
First time running Atmos through my AVR. Was running 5.2 previously and in fact I have never even heard a home Atmos setup before this and only been to a handful of theaters where Atmos was on display.

I must say I continue to be impressed! Like I said before, the entire sound stage for all content has opened up tremendously. While I am no expert, I have dabbled in REW in an attempt to wring every last drop of performance out of my setup and room and my system has never sounded better than now. I have not run REW since installing the overheads but when time allows I do want to run some sweeps and see what they look like now. Regardless though I am extremely happy with Atmos and the new set up.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Got all 4 fired up and the sound stage seems much larger with Atmos material. I don't have any other speakers to compare against... but this is likely one of the best $250 dollar theater upgrades I've made to date. (That includes speakers, amp, and cables.)

I'll put together a little video of the process for everyone.

So...after a month of use, how do you like the upgrade to Atmos and the speaker quality?

2881 - 2900 of 3212 Posts