AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly, I live in a place where I cannot put an antenna like ch4248 and so far the best I can think of to test is TERK TV55. Can you pls. recommend some more along this line of antenna?

thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
I had the TERK55 antenna. It basically worked when it wanted to. Now I have the Silver Sensor and have not had any problem getting my signals. This one has worked much better.

------------------

"Flipping the switch late should be a crime!"

·
Registered
609 Posts
Another vote for the silver sensor. Look atthe Keohi HDTV webpage for more information. I don't have the URL.

·
Registered
121 Posts
TERK55 not recommended. I live 3.6 miles from the Mt. Sutro broadcast tower. I can look out of the window and see it towering above the city and imagine all of those excited electrons streaming by. With the $120 TERK, I could get 4 of the 7 DTV OTA channels, with a $25 Channel Master 3016, I get all of them. To be fair, I live in the city and suffer from multipath problems, but I was mighty unimpressed with the TERK55.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hi suprabilis,

Provided you are within good reception range of the towers, you may want to try the Radio Shack set top double bowtie antenna first. If not good enough, try moving up to a medium size indoor/outdoor antenna. It is "small" enough to be hidden behind cabinets, in a closet, or in the attic.

If not then try the Silver Sensor set top antenna. I recommend trying out the Radio Shack units first due to ease and convenience of return if it doesn't work.

Click here for more info on antenna including sources.

Thanks,

Errol

------------------
Keohi HDTV

Your Friendly HDTV Tips Site

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.