Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Without a doubt: Ayre D-1 : http://www.ayre.com

Now my question...

What is the best interlaced player for under $3500?

·
Registered
554 Posts
can't let this thread go.......

the Proceed PMDT. (ok, ok...a working PMDT)

imo, the larger differences are in audio quality...and the unit's ability to serve as audio (or soundtrack) transport. keep in mind, in basic configs. the Ayre and Proceed have only digital analog out.

for "just" video, i think the Toshibas hold a slight edge over the Panny's, this (invisible, to me) chroma bug notwithstanding.

my recommendation would be to buy a Toshiba2800, now reduced to $129 list, and demo it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Corr
panasonic rp-91
Great! I came to this conclusion after extensive research. I suppose this player has the same video chip on Panasonic RP-82 that's been discontinued but everyone raved about. I know you can play DVD-RAM with this player but do you know if you can play DVD-R? This unit does play DVD-Audio but not SACD(which is okay because I think SACD is a dying format).

If the unit can't handle DVD-R, do you know anyone who can mod the RP-91 with SDI output. I want to feed it to my Holo3Dgraph card and scale it to my projector. This way I get best of both words using RP-91's audio output.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The THX certified Integra DPS-7.2 is a very good interlaced only DVD player. It has sharp 3d video and great audio. I used to use this player on my old Infocus DLP projector before I upgraded to the HT1000 and Bravo D1 DVI combo. I still use the Integra with the video cut-off switch activated for music.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
The Sony DVP-S7700 was pretty dang nice.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'll second the Panny RV-80, its worked like a charm.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The Panasonic RP-91 works great for me.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I'll third the Panny RV80, from all I've read for 4 years. Get a used one from eBay ........ shouldn't cost you much for stellar interlaced performance.

Now for

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Satoshi
I know you can play DVD-RAM with this player but do you know if you can play DVD-R?
The RP-91 plays DVD-R's, DVD-RW, DVD+R's and DVD+RW discs. I have the player so I know first hand.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick TX
The Sony DVP-S7700 was pretty dang nice.
S7000 is even better. No CUE problems :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.