Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

What is the best know method to fish a wire (any wire... coax or speaker wire in my case) from the living room in 1st floor to crawl space. The biggest problem here is that there is cement (concrete) foundation under each of the walls.. if not , I could have cut out a hole in the drywall and drilled straight down with an auger bit. Does the cement foundation rule out the possibility of cutting on the drywall or baseboard ? Can someone point me to an article or your invention !!

?

Thanks,

-Jai

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Aren't there floor joists on top of the concrete? Does the bottom plate of the wall actually sit on top of the concrete? I know in my father's house, the floor joists went in, a floor (plywood) went down, then the wall. This allows, in his case with 10" floor joists, a 10" area for him to do exactly what you suggest...drill through the plate and end up in the floor joist cavity.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jay, Thanks for your response.

All,

Please post your responses Here as there is more activity for this thread there and I may have already answered your question.

-Jai

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
This is a rough drawing of typical construction, at least around these-here parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.