AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Size: 46" (the space is only big enough for a 40")

Use: Ps3, Xbox 360, Blu ray, TV: including sports

Price Range: Up to 1600 unless a significant leap is made for higher priced TVs

I did a lot of research last year but then something came up and I forgot about upgrading. Now, I have time and more money to work with.

I remember 120HZ on LCDs was a new thing and I've seen the prices have now dropped alot. Some said Plasma was better, but I'm still hesitant with all the burn in talk although some people say its a non-issue now.

Sports viewing is a huge deal for me so I think maybe the 120HZ is good, but Plasma has like five times that.

Now, after reading, this whole LED craze is going on. Is it worth it?

I also have realized I can fit a 46" if I buy a new TV stand. I'm looking for one that is less than 20" tall

Also, all those TVs that have the built in bluray and netflix and widgets. I don't really care for. What I want is dependability and picture quality

I was looking at the Samsung 650 and it has ethernet and I don't need that since I have a PS3. PICTURE QUALITY MOST IMPORTANT THING

·
Banned
518 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts

Quote:
If you're a gamer, and I mean a *serious* gamer, and need a very fast response rate, then you might want to consider a different TV. Even when game mode on this TV is turned on, you won't be 100% pleased. If you're a more typical gamer or don't play games, this should NOT affect your opinion of this TV. I've played my xbox 360 and it is more than apt for the typical gamer. I can't imagine casual gamers running into issues especially since gaming where timing is crucial -- like guitar hero or rock band -- allow you to calibrate the game to compensate for any delay. I've tried playing with my xbox 360 a little bit on it and I haven't had any problems. I also should point out that I watched the Netflix live streaming HD content via xbox 360 connected over HDMI and the content looks superb.
Credit

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsallen /forum/post/17026614

you are another funny person i reply to. you know what you want but still posting here for opinion. just go ahead and get the Samsung LN46B650. you would not go wrong and in fact sammy is one of the leading LCD in the market and given good reviews from almost every sammy owner including me. check out amazon good deal, free netbook now http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LN46B650-46-Inch-1080p-120Hz/dp/B001ULBP8E/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=tv&qid=1250578157&sr=1-6

I like the TV but don't need the internet support. I want something that has the same or better PQ without the widgets and what not. WOuld save me a little cash

1 - 5 of 5 Posts