AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know the best XGA LCD projector available in the price range of $2500-$3000. Also, if you know, how does it perform for HT and against the LT150 DLP? Screen door?

I am still on a quest for the maximum investment :)

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Interesting thread,

I forgot how good my old w400q was....but I am happier with my Sony 10ht now, especially with the SMART tweaks, higher res, etc....and LESS problems. Overall, I think I have started the FP hobby on the right foot 4 years ago. That was cool when the guy in the above thred said that his w400q was just about as black as the film at the movie theater, abiet less shadow detail....how cool

:)

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by loganross
I would like to know the best XGA LCD projector available in the price range of $2500-$3000. Also, if you know, how does it perform for HT and against the LT150 DLP? Screen door?
I see this as pretty much a no-brainer. The vt540 is right in your price range. I have one and it performs excellent for home theater. Screen door is a non-issue especially using a htpc and I still sit very close to the screen. However, of course the lt150 will exhibit no screen door in comparison.

As far as straight out performance is concerned between the lt150 and vt540 you are really comparing apples and oranges. I would imagine the lt150 would have less screendoor, much better blacks, and exhibit the rainbow effect. The vt540 will have more screendoor, slightly better colors, mediocre blacks, and no rainbow effect.

Both are very different and where the one excels the other does not. Ultimately, I went with the vt540 because I have a difficult time with the rainbow effect. I do admit that I still yearn for a better contrast ratio though but instead of looking at the lt150 I am looking toward the Sanyo XP21N.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Count one more vote for the Sony W400Q! Anyone surprised? :)

It was way ahead of its time and still is my favorite untill I can get my hands on a Sharp 9000.

Check the BIGPICTUREFORUM for tweaks that will make it perform stunningly better that the way it came from factory. BTW, all is done vie the User Menu so no tools needed.

Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.