AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Im really looking for a good LCR package I was looking at some cadence speakers and some from a company called thespeakercompany.com

I really wanted a high quality slim line center and the Left and Right it really doesn't matter. To be honest im not to savvy in the speakers, so any help would be awesome. Im also on a budget any where from 100 to 500 for a package. Im not opposed to a whole 5.1 or 7.1 speaker package.

I have an Onkyo 805, with Toshiba A3 and Tivo S3

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhattala /forum/post/12903979

Ok Im really looking for a good LCR package I was looking at some cadence speakers and some from a company called thespeakercompany.com

I really wanted a high quality slim line center and the Left and Right it really doesn't matter. To be honest im not to savvy in the speakers, so any help would be awesome. Im also on a budget any where from 100 to 500 for a package. Im not opposed to a whole 5.1 or 7.1 speaker package.

I have an Onkyo 805, with Toshiba A3 and Tivo S3

Not familiar with those companies, so two questions: By LCR (Left/Center/Right), do you mean on-wall, in-wall, or bookshelves? What is your budget?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhattala /forum/post/12908706

Left Right Center (book shelves) and as i mentioned 100 - 500 dollars.

YOU NEVER HEARD OF Cadence.

http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductC...&idproduct=396

12" HOME THEATER SUBWOOFER - SUBWOOFERS - Cadence Sound Systems, Inc.

Yes, I heard about Cadence, but have never seen them, heard them, or read a review about them.

Anyways, not sure if the budget is per speaker or complete system. But, check PSB Alpha LR1. There are many good bookshelf/center combos out there in your range.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like all three

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Basically i just want a Center, Left, and Right that will have great preformance, but i need a package thats around 300 bucks. Is there such a package? Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only thing that sucks is i really need a center speaker thats more slim line, anyone else have any suggestions on other speaker brands?

And would 5 of the Alpha C's be good. that would be huge speakers for surround speakers

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhattala /forum/post/12909889

The only thing that sucks is i really need a center speaker thats more slim line, anyone else have any suggestions on other speaker brands?

And would 5 of the Alpha C's be good. that would be huge speakers for surround speakers

Yes, but if you want something smaller for the rears go with a pair PSB Alpha LR for surround.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
why are you pushing PSB so much?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
One of the best bangs for the buck out there. Check reviews by pro and all agree on these. Especially for series like the Alpha and Image that offer more of what higher priced speakers offer at affordable prices. They have a dealer in every major city, and you can find good deals from dealers like Saturday Audio ( www.saturdayaudio.com ). I offer what you can afford, others will give you lot of great options too, but you will find that most are out of your price range. PSB, like Paradigm, Vienna, Dali, Klipsch, Monitor Audio, Energy, etc. is a proven brand that imparts the same basic sound characteristics into their speakers, doesn't matter if a $100.00 or $5K.

In another thread there is someone with a $10K budget for speakers, someone else recommended PSB, and I said that they were good, but for $10K I would go to another option, which was www.salksound.com .

Another had a $7K budget I mentioned PSB, but gave him a list of about 10 manufacturers as good or better than PSB.

I recommend based on your budget. The problem is that people here post giving a budget, but we always manage to guide them into the path to bankruptcy by giving them options that are out of their budget. I don't like that; I make fun of it, but don't like it.

You said you have $500.00 tops. Well look on other threads, and you will see people saying, get this it is only $100.00 more, but $100.00 is 20% of your budget. $100.00 is part of your car payment, or your electric bill, or pays two months of your water bill, etc.

Now you see why in your case, I highly recommend PSB Alphas.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sweet thanks for the awesome response.
well im going to do a little more research and probably go with your suggestion. they do look like very good speakers! So what about the Alpha b's, are they any good. Or would you rather the C's

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhattala /forum/post/12910735

Sweet thanks for the awesome response.
well im going to do a little more research and probably go with your suggestion. they do look like very good speakers! So what about the Alpha b's, are they any good. Or would you rather the C's

I would say Alpha B's are better, and the new B1 even better. Check the online and magazine reviews.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok Alpha C1 for Center, Alpha B1 for L/R, and Alpha Intro LR for surround. And of course the Cadence Sub.

Would i compromise a tone of sound quality if I went with the Intro CLR center, I really wanted a compact center, but if it the sound is going to be a huge diffence ill just deal with it.

o and thanks for all the replies you really are helping me out, and hopefully someone else too.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Yes, you will compromise tone quality, and seamless transition from speaker to speaker if you go with the Intro. Also, Intro even though sounds good, at lower volumes you might have a hard time hearing dialogue. They were made to satisfy HT and Computer/Gaming. When you are using a computer or a game you have the speakers very close to you.

If you can sacrifice some space you'll be better off with the Alpha C as center.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK well then are the Intro LR for surrond ok. Because right now i will only be buying two for a 5.1 setup but in the future I will add two more for my 7.1 setup

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
do you know any other online stores that sell PSB that i can purchase from?

·
Registered
16,876 Posts
An LCR is a very specific type of speaker. Is that what you are looking for? Three matching LCRs?

Or do you mean "left, center, right"?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts