AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a prepro which has a control-output to trigger a multichannel amp but my amp has no input for triggering it to the "power on" state. What is the best way to turn on my multichannel amp remotely? I would like to just press a button on my pronto and have everything turn on including my power amp. I can remotely turn on another component which has a switched outlet but it is not have adequate wattage rating to power my amp.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Rick

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I have a Mondial "RPC-120" which I believe is now discontinued but it has 6 filtered outlets, 4 of which are switched via a trigger that can be hooked up to your "triggering device". I have my Acurus power amp hooked up to this device and it works fine.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Well, you could use X-10 to do it using an IR-543 and an appliance module. Total cost about $40. Plug the amp into the appliance module. Program you pronto to generate the appropriate X-10 commands to turn the appliance module on and off. The IR-543 will take the IR version of the command transmitted by the pronto and put it on the powerline to control the appliance module and connected amp.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for everyone's replies. I've decided to go with the Xantech XAC-1 but will keep the other options open in case it does not work out.

Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.