AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this question in another forum with less traffic so I thought I would ask this question here.

I have a prepro which has a control-output to trigger a multichannel amp but my amp has no input for triggering it to the "power on" state. What is the best way to turn on my multichannel amp remotely? I would like to just press a button on my pronto and have everything turn on including my power amp. I can remotely turn on another component which has a switched outlet but it is not have adequate wattage rating to power my amp.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Rick

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I ordered a high (25A) capacity solid-state relay from All Electronics, with a trigger voltage/current rating within spec of my pre/pro. Once it arrives, I'm going make up a good quality, heavy duty power cable, mount the relay in a small project box with the power cable running through it, then use the relay to switch the hot lead when my pre/pro turns on.

-Mike

·
Registered
616 Posts
Parasound Scamp will do what you require. They can be found on ebay and Audiogon from time to time. I'm not sure if Parasound still makes new ones.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Before you spend money, you need to figure out how your power switch works! I have a Classe CA200, and it has a relay-driven power switch. Just supplying the unit with power will NOT do the job in my case. The normal procedure is to use a "dongle" that shorts the relay, then you can use an external power switch as proposed here.

My CA200 was one of the last production units, so it actually has a CA201's remote triggering mechanism - it can be triggered with a 12v signal coming over a 1/8" din plug. This is an output from many receviers and prepros.

So things will definitely vary a bunch by what type of amp you have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.