AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to hook up my HDTV to the PC in my office. The rooms are right next door to each other. I'd say the TV is only about 15 feet from where the TV is, just separated by 1 wall. I want to get a wireless mouse/keyboard to control it. I really like the Gyration keyboard/mouse, does anyone use this? How is the range and can it go through walls? I know you can get it in 30ft and 100ft, would 30ft work for me or would I need to get 100 for it to work? What other keyboards should I consider? I have read that a lot of people use the logitech MX Duo with no problems. I used to have that one but I hated it. I need something smaller if possible and as cheap as possible. The Gyration would be perfect if it'll reach and works well.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
770 Posts
I use the Gyration GT Keyboard & mouse combo, and I'm quite happy with them. However, 15 ft between a wall might be a bit touch-and-go.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
I'm using the gyro mouse through a wall at about 25 feet with no problems, though if I take a step or two back there are. I think Gyro also makes a longer pro version that's good up to around 100 feet.

CJ

·
Registered
358 Posts
Gyration and Microsoft bluetooth here. The bluetooth gives better range but its a pain to set up as you have to keep original keyborad and mouse connected until setup is complete.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have the Logitech MX Duo but I am unhappy with the range of about 6 feet. I have a DiNovo on order which is bluetooth and should be here in a few days. The bluetooth range is around 30' which will work great for me.

Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.