AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a Denon 3803 to power a surround-sound ("SS") system in my living room, but I would also like to have SS in my bedroom. Does anyone know of a good, lower-priced SS amplifier to which I could feed the pre-amp output from the Denon to accomplish my objective?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
What kind of speakers do you run? Are you looking for a 2/3/5 channel amplifier? Whats your budget? All these questions need to be answered so we can give you some suggestions.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, I've been further educated! The pre-amp output from my Denon 3803 will have all the setting established to optimize my living room SS system. Thus, it would not be optimal for the bedroom, unless the second SS Amp could "reprogram" them.

I have B&W LM1s as FL and FR, a B&W subwoofer, and would use one of the speakers attached to my plasma monitor as the center speaker. I have two ceiling-mounted "generic" speakers that I would use as RL and RR. So, Dolby 5.1 would be desirable, and I would not want to spend more than a few hundred.

My alternative is to keep the bedroom in stereo and use my now-replaced Audio Pulse digital time-delay system to provide enhanced realism in the bedroom (in conjunction with my old equalizer and Pioneer stereo amp).

My guess is I'm better off doing the latter unless you have an interesting alternative.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.