AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must set up my Pc with a very good quality audio card and i'm interesting in m-audio product but i there are several product and i need some advice.

What's the best M-audio card for playng MP3 and Cd playback??

The Price must be less than £ 300.

Thanks

Giorgio

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm also interested in this. Why do you say that the Revo is better for stereo playback than the Audiophile 2496 or the Delta 410? I was close to getting a 2496 for stereo playback and, then, adding a Revo for 5.1 playback when TheaterTek add software decoding of surround formats...

TIA,

_

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just for stereo reproduction, Audiophile is a better choice, mostly because of more solid drivers.

As to sound quality, I believe both are very similar. Also, take into account that the Audiophile lacks a headphone ouput, and the Revo lacks a digital input.

·
Banned
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by KikeG
Just for stereo reproduction, Audiophile is a better choice, mostly because of more solid drivers.

As to sound quality, I believe both are very similar. Also, take into account that the Audiophile lacks a headphone ouput, and the Revo lacks a digital input.
The Revo sounds better but M-Audio has no desire or ability to release a remotely DECENT driver. This card should never have seen the light of day until 50% of it's existing issues had been dealt with. I have never had the misfortune of dealing with such a Mickey Mouse company before. Avoid them at all costs.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Interesting - what are the issues with the Revo at the mo'? If the sound quality is similar or better than the 2496 and it supports ASIO for APE playback with winamp plus S/PDIF passthrough, it sounds like it might be everything that I want in a single card - and cheaper than the 2496 too!

_

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Underscore
Interesting - what are the issues with the Revo at the mo'? If the sound quality is similar or better than the 2496 and it supports ASIO for APE playback with winamp plus S/PDIF passthrough, it sounds like it might be everything that I want in a single card - and cheaper than the 2496 too!

_
Currently Revo does not support ASIO over S/PDIF and the fix is way down on the list.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.