Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what I'm looking for:
  • GUI similar to APE Jukebox
  • Completely remote controllable via Pronto/Girder
  • Genre/Year/Artist/Album/Song sorting ability
  • Album covers displayed while song plays
  • Media Jukebox type of playback features (e.g., crossfading)

Any ideas?

I really really like the APE jukebox interface, but I have been unsuccessful in developing Girder control - likely due to it being developed in Flash. (?)

Also, I want to find the right player and stick with it as I have a 300 CD changer I would like to rip and load, plus 30GB of MP3's from my Nomad Jukebox (hacked to 40GB drive) I would like to catalog, store and access on my new HTPC. My CD jukebox is great now as I have a tricked out Pronto CCF to access everything. I want any solution to be as completely keyboard/mouse free as possible.

I have read the numerous other posts on this issue and it seems that there has been occasional buzz about developing frontends for Media Jukebox, but I haven't seen anything yet.

Do you have nay suggestions that would fit my needs?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

·
Registered
254 Posts
Have you tried the 'eJukebox' commercial pluggin for winamp?
Linky

With this you should be able to use a Pronto CCF since it is just a WinAmp application.

Good Luck

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! That looks interesting... I'll take a look at it later today.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have about 40GB of MP3s that I use MP3Collector with. Not positive on the remote cabability, but it should be ok - standard windows app with shortcut keys. It is a great little program.

Rob

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Media Jukebox 8.0 has all of what you're looking for except this:

> GUI similar to APE Jukebox

Browse by album cover was added by Rhinobanga in his Album View plug-in.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
J River:

The GUI issue is the most important issue for me. Media Jukebox is impressive though!

Simonduz: eJukebox is really really NEAT! Thanks for the link. If I can get Girder working with it I think it may fit the bill!

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Jim,

Just been searching for that plug in... cant seem to find it anywhere under plug ins... Suspect I am just being dumb but any chance of a link...

I also see you have your web control plug in posted... Lots can be done with that and Girder via Flash / XML etc :cool:... This I could get keen on !! :D

Also will using the v8 Beta be a problem for these plug ins or should I stay with the RC..

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
That is exactly what I am trying to get Mario keen on...

I am hopeful that if I do some Girder work with CD Lobby... Then use either Girder or the Web control plug in, we should see CD Lobby GUI and MJ back end for the .APE files :cool:...

Its all possible.. Just need.. more...... time..... :D !!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Phat -- keep working on it! An MJ back-end for CDLobby would also fulfill my needs for working with .wav files. MJ also supports 24/96 playback if I decide to upconvert stuff. Been using Winamp, but it's UGLY and lacks the database functionality of MJ or MusicMatch Jukebox.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Cool... Any chance of a DL location for that plug in...

Found it via your forum search (not on the website plug ins) but his site was down due to exceeding bandwidth...

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
eJukebox is truly an interesting application. If you have never d/l this winamp plugin before I suggest you give it a try! A+

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Simonduz:

I'd be glad to once I fgure out how to use Grider at an acceptabel level. I've been chatting with the folks who make eJukebox about creating some keyboard equivalents for their command set as a possible solution to my Girder ineptitude.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Was that your thread over there I jumped into ??? They need keyboard control or control API...

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Si Senor Phreddy... :)

I'm glad you like the eJukebox as much as I do. Maybe we can converge on a Girder group for this thing... Have you given it any thought?

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Already posted on the Girder forums... Waiting on them building control but I have other goals...

I really want everyone to know that the Media Jukebox people are amazing... Posted 2 bugs in thier RC this morning both were fixed in an RC about 5 hours later... They have been answering all kinds of dumb questions as I made a fresh Gider GML for v8 (its on Rons site now) and thier web server plug in has massive potential...

I have sent all day on thier forum and the speed with which they dive on a problem is really cool (notice no response to our Q's this morning yet on eJukebox's forum)...

I can see massive potential for the web server plug in as it has transport control / dynamic building of media lists / firing of albums etc / combine this with HTML / XML and a distributed front end for audio would be exactly what I am shooting for...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.