AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i'm completely new to this forum (to projectors too, actually), but i'd like to create my own very large rear-projection set up. so, i'm just wondering, what would be the best material to use for the screen? (i mean around 8 feet wide). actually, better yet, i don't even know if this would be possible. is it possible? using, say, an infocus LP500? or what would be a good projector and screen combination (i don't want to buy a commercial screen tho, too expensive. the parkland polywall was very intriguing, but it seems to be only good for direct projection). tia

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, thanks! that helped a lot! read and learned a lot. but, i have a few important questions.

which screen is bestfor what i want? vutec rear-vu? (why are prices not available?) garriets? rosebrand grey or translucent or black?

i'm just wondering what would have the best overall picture quality. i don't need very wide veiwing angles, 90 degrees would be sufficient. hotspotting is unnacceptable. the screen will be in a room with pretty high ambient light (like, a well lit room, which is why i'm looking to rear-projection).

·
Premium Member
17,233 Posts
You've said "best" in both posts, but I'm assuming you're budget conscious like most of us... so I'd recommend $200 worth of Gerriets Optitrans.

If you really mean "best" you can spend A LOT more, but I won't be much help there... my research has been focused on the affordable options only.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.