AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried YAMJ (w/Aeon) & YANFOE for PCH C-200, but I'm trying to decide on a decent jukebox for both movies and TV. It has to support multiple platforms (different media players), not just Dune (like Zappiti) or PCH type NMT's. Someone did a jukebox poll a while back , but it was for NMT's only.

MyMovies looks great, but doesn't have TV support yet I believe. So, what do you guys recommend that would work well with Boxee Box (once proper local media support is there), PCH, Netgear 550, etc.? Ember, Media Center Master (MCM), something else?

Also, I assume it's best practice to keep each movie in its own folder. I have all my 800+ movie files in a single 'Movies' folder on my WHS. As for a good naming convention that should work with most jukeboxes, is what I'm using okay (except for not movies not being in their own folders)?

HPSERVER\\Movies\\The Matrix (1999).mkv

HPSERVER\\TV Shows\\Band of Brothers (2001)\\Band of Brothers_s01e01.mkv

·
Registered
11,822 Posts
I like having a Season folder for TV shows and then put each episode in the respective Season folders. Also, for TV show naming I like to use ShowName - S##E## - EpisodeName (episode name being optional, but this is what TVRename and metabrowser renamed to)

HPSERVER\\TV Shows\\Band of Brothers (2001)\\Season 1\\Band of Brothers - s01e01.mkv

I have heard that putting in the year for TV shows causes issues with TVDB unless the date is specifically required

1 - 2 of 2 Posts