AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an older Panny RV80 feeding interlaced via component to a Faroudja NRS and then to my Sanyo XP21N LCD. The player is getting a little erratic so I am thinking about upgrading to something newer, but still feeding interlaced to the NRS for obvious reasons.

I read all the pros and cons on the Panny RP91. It seems the biggest advantage of this unit is the scaling features, but these are not usable when outputting in interlaced mode correct? It would be nice to be able to stretch non-anamorphic DVDs (I have a few) but this also does not work in interlaced mode as I understand it. But it is well rated for interlaced and apparently has a pretty good audio section as well. I found one on the internet for $329 delivered from ABT Electronics.

Several other threads seem to indicate there are some Denon models that output very good interlaced and also have superior audio processing to the Pannies. The Denon 1600 is only slightly more expensive than the RP91. The Panny RP82 also looks like a possibility.

This would be an interim unit as I intend to convert to full DVI with my next projector upgrade, in about two years. So I don't want to spend big bucks on it. Your suggestions/comments gratefully appreciated!

Dan Houck

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? Would really appreciate your input. Given the continued used of interlaced would the RP91 or Denon 1600 significantly improve over my current Panny RV80?

Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.