Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Option

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new def tech Super Cube 3 which I am gonna return after reading this forum for a week.

I am convinced to move to a Internet Direct brand. So please help me find a nice subwoofer for a room size of 3800 cubic feet. I know it a bit more in size but I don't have a higher budget, The max I can go is $550.

So which one of these is better:-

1) SVS PC12-NSD i.e. $549

2) ED A3-300 with 13Ov.2 driver i.e. $500

3) B-stock of av123 mfw-15- price around
4) Other Option

Edit:- I have decided to go for MFW-15.Please read my response number 21 on this page.

Thanks & Regards,

·
Registered
8,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev_81 /forum/post/15476392

I have a brand new def tech Super Cube 3 which I am gonna return after reading this forum for a week.

I am convinced to move to a Internet Direct brand. So please help me find a nice subwoofer for a room size of 3800 cubic feet. I know it a bit more in size but I don't have a higher budget, The max I can go is $550.

So which one of these is better:-

1) SVS PC12-NSD i.e. $549

2) ED A3-300 with 13Ov.2 driver i.e. $500

3) B-stock of av123 mfw-15- price around
4) Other Option

Thanks & Regards,

What is your tolerance for potential mechanical/electrical/other problems?

·
Registered
498 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy /forum/post/15476588

What is your quota for potential mechanical/electrical/other problems?

LOL

It's funny, cause it's a fair question.

·
Registered
260 Posts
lol, are you my other login id on this forum? I have a similar poll going on.

I ordered a MFW-15 and after reading all the stuff about issues, it is scaring me. The sub is on its way to me. If there is a failed amp I am not going to be one of the guys waiting for months. I am going to ship it back and will go with eD A5-350 with LT/550. I just wish eD guys had them in stock ready to roll. That wait is deal killer for many.

From what I read A3-300 will be a lesser sub than MFW-15. But getting MFW is like rolling a dice. If you want to take the risk it might be worth it.

Keep in mind that your price for MFW/eD is shipped but SVS will charge shipping extra.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Dev, I voted for the PC12 not because it is the most bang-for-the-buck, but because it is a solid, well-performing sub which is built to consistently high quality standards by a company whose attention to detail and customer service is unsurpassed. Personally, I'm willing to pay slightly more knowing what I do about the company that made the product and the lengths they will go to in order to keep their customers satisfied.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
HSU Vtf-2 MK3.Very good sub.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
There are a few subs on SVS's B-Stock list which would offer some savings, you have a medium to larger size room, I would suggest you move up to a Plus in that size room.

You may want to raise your budget a touch, saving up for a little better quality sub in that size room will be worth the wait in the end...

I have a couple of SVS PB12-Plus/2s I'm looking to get rid of if your interested - PM me

·
Registered
2,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomike /forum/post/15483939

Dev, I voted for the PC12 not because it is the most bang-for-the-buck, but because it is a solid, well-performing sub which is built to consistently high quality standards by a company whose attention to detail and customer service is unsurpassed. Personally, I'm willing to pay slightly more knowing what I do about the company that made the product and the lengths they will go to in order to keep their customers satisfied.

+1. I voted for the SVS for the same reasons. I think the MFW may be a little "better" than this particular model, but it seems SVS is the more reliable company.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the advice Gelinas and Warp. Hey Warp since when do you own those Plus/2's. Are they still under warranty?

Regards,

Dev

·
Registered
260 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev_81 /forum/post/15483648

Thanks for the replies, but I am still confused as "inphoenix" has a similar thread where he has ordered AV123 Mfw-15, the link to the poll is http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1104335 .

But on my poll more people have choose SVS PC12-NSD. Please experts suggets me.Thanks.

I guess the answer is simple. I don't have an SVS as a choice on there. Thus most everyone is choosing eD in my poll. Also, I have the A5-350 in my poll as compared to A3-300 in your poll.

The little that I know about subs, I think that MFW-15 is more of a sub than the other two you listed. A fair comparison would be to eD A5-350 with LT/550 or SVS plus.

But as others have pointed and I have said as well, AV123 is going thru problems. My order was shipped otherwise I was almost ready to cancel the order. Also, they agreed to refund full shipping hence I rolled the dice. If I get a working sub I won't be disappointed.

If not, I am pretty sure I would go for eD A5-350. But I am drooling after looking at these SVSs.

Also, keep in mind if you want to go for SVS, you can find a local person and order two for more savings. Post your location here and you may find someone local.

Goodluck.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
MFW15 would be my choice if I was limited to that budget. Even with potential problems and delays I'd just deal with everything and go through 5 of them till I got a working one, cause it's a better sub than other options.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My house is under construction and I will be closing in april. hence I have time to order av123 mfw-15 and wait to get it right.

ED are a less costly option, but I have started liking the SVS PC-12 more as more people have voted for it as well as it is not a bad option at all.

I may also think of B-stock of mfw-15, but it is not available, can someone guide me where should we look or whom should we contact to get b-stock?

I will try to put a rough diagram of my future basement tomorrow.

Thanks.

Regards,

Dev

·
Registered
479 Posts
of those choices probably the svs, but as another said you should check out the LFM-1 EX, or the Hsu's as well.

·
Registered
260 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev_81 /forum/post/15486654

I may also think of B-stock of mfw-15, but it is not available, can someone guide me where should we look or whom should we contact to get b-stock?

I am getting my B stock MFW-15 tomorrow. I will let you know in a few days if I get it in working order and what I think of it.

AV123 does not update their site regularly for B stock. You will have to call them every so often to get one. If you get a working sub, that would be the best bang for buck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts