AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought my first bluray burner after using DVD since it basically started. I'm completely lost when it comes to settings and conversions.

I have several mp4/mkv files I want to convert into BDMV then author to bluray discs. The software I will be using is Tmpeg Video Master Works 5 or 6. Most of the files i have are 24fps. What would be the best settings to be playable in north America and Europe. These are all 1080p files 24fps according to Media Info software. I seen for settings on bdmv just 24fps or 29.97. I just want to fit the high at quality of 2hrs worth of video on a 25-50gb bluray disc that's playable worldwide

·
Registered
6,798 Posts
Take a look at tsMuxeR.
It's simple to use and gives very good/reliable results.

Open the MKV, press the "Blu-ray Disk" button for output, press "Start Muxing" button and it does the rest.... no time consuming re-coding or complicated settings.

https://www.videohelp.com/software/tsMuxeR

·
Banned
2,696 Posts
Worth noting that if you're wanting to make backups of commercial Blurays protected with Cinavia that they won't be playable on pretty much any commercial Bluray players unless the Cinavia was stripped during the ripping process. If you're not sure if it was stripped, it probably wasn't. This is in addition to defeating AACS.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanks for the responses. i dont want to make copies of anything retail released or with cinavia. I know TSMuxer just never used it for bluray. I basically want to make the files into bluray mpeg files that i can add to my own custom design menus using a bluray authoring program.

Will Tsmuxer and TmpegEnc Video Mastering Works be the same quality I watch on TV? i dont care about the re encoding part just quality i see on tv.

·
Registered
6,798 Posts
tsMuxeR doesn't modify the video file it just parses it and adds the necessary info and folders to make it BD compliant.

Whatever you came in with is exactly what will be written to BD.... no changes to the quality.

·
Registered
13,169 Posts
TsMuxeR doesn't do transcoding. Nor does it do menus. If you want menus, you want to use something else. As long as you don't transcode video, the video quality won't be affected.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Unlike DVD (or older material) which has NTSC/PAL "region" differences. There is no difference with HD material (ie: Blu-Ray). Some discs do have region restrictions, but there is no difference in the actual content.

So any playback restrictions will be with the actual hardware. And if you are creating Blu-Ray spec discs, they will play in any player.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts