AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There!

Just wondering what recommendations you more experienced HTPC Builders could give for the best Mobo / CPU for a Norco RPC-4216 Case. I'm planning on running a Chenbro CK22803 SAS Expander connected to a Adaptec RAID 6405 Card. So those 2 cards are capable of 6Gb/s throughput and I assume that it would be a waste if the Mobo didn't handle that throughput too. I am also planning on running a dedicated Nvidia GeForce GTX Chipset Graphics Card for 3D HD Video.

I believe that I have to be looking at a Server Grade Mobo. Although I'm not too sure why I think that. Could it be because of the number of PCI Slots I require?

In any case money isn't really a issue. I want to build it right the first time around and I know that I don't have to have the highest end parts for a dedicated HTPC. But I want it to be future friendly as much as possible at the same time.

Also it looks to me that most of the Server Grade Mobo's do not have HD Audio Out so would I also require a dedicated Audio Card as well? Or could that be tapped off the HDMI out of the Graphics Card?

Thanks Very Much In Advance!

BL

·
Registered
294 Posts
Since it appears you're running it as a storage server at the same time and budget is not a major issue, you might want get something that supports ECC memory.

That leaves a fair number of relatively affordable single socket server boards or a select few amd consumer boards.

Current GPUs should cover the sound requirements via hdmi to TV/receiver unless you have unusual needs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.