AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of blowing a few thousand on a new TV. My old HDtv is from 2000 and I am in serious need of an upgrade.

I'm looking for a 65" or around those dimensions in an LCD with 120hz and all that good stuff. Any suggestions that won't scare the wife - say under $4K or $5K???

When the Olevia 65" LCDs came out at Sams I saw the prices drop all the way down to around $2K but that was only a 60Hz TV. If it had been 120Hz I would have purcahsed it. Too bad they went out of business....

I am hoping that as a minimum I can get a list of 60"+ TVs on the market so I can do some comparison shopping.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texag97 /forum/post/15458962

I'm thinking of blowing a few thousand on a new TV. My old HDtv is from 2000 and I am in serious need of an upgrade.

I'm looking for a 65" or around those dimensions in an LCD with 120hz and all that good stuff. Any suggestions that won't scare the wife - say under $4K or $5K???

When the Olevia 65" LCDs came out at Sams I saw the prices drop all the way down to around $2K but that was only a 60Hz TV. If it had been 120Hz I would have purcahsed it. Too bad they went out of business....

I am hoping that as a minimum I can get a list of 60"+ TVs on the market so I can do some comparison shopping.

Hi,, and welcome to the forum.

I put together a list of companies (still in business) making 65" LCD's or 60" plus sizes.

1: Sharp

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

7:

8:

9:

10:

(sorry, I couldnt resist)

Cheers

Davyo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I'll look at the Sharp LCDs 60"+. Your response actually helps narrow down my options tremendously!

·
Registered
4,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texag97 /forum/post/15462929

Thanks for the response. I'll look at the Sharp LCDs 60"+. Your response actually helps narrow down my options tremendously!

Yea, it does make comparison shopping pretty easy

It does suck that no other companies offer 60" plus sized LCD's at this time.

Cheers

Davyo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts