AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if I'm posing this question in the right sub-forum, but here goes.

I recently moved and no longer can use mt DTV so now I'm using Comcast. I ordered up their HD / DVR service and the installer brought me a Motorola HD/DVR box that is clearly fairly old and used. It has about half the storage capacity of the DirecTV HD DVR I had. Not to mention the fan on it is louder than my Xbox 360!

I want to call them up and request a newer and better modern box.

What is currently the best Comcast HD/DVR box? I live in South Florida and from polling friends that have Comcast, it seems that in South Florida they pretty much exclusively offer Motorola boxes. So to further narrow down my question, What is currently the best Motorola HD/DVR box for Comcast?

Thanks for any and all help

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,727 Posts
You don't have much of a choice, but if the box you have is bad, exchange it. You may get a newer unit, or at least one that is quieter.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After reading through some of the threads here I did a live chat with comcast support and explicitly requested a DCX3400 and the rep said no problem and made a note on my account for the service center people to see when I pass by and pick it up later today

·
Registered
64 Posts
I too requested that box and I as well live in south florida. However when I went and waited in line for quite some time the lady said they dont have motorola in st lucie county. They only have cisco and SA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts