AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which night is a cant miss night for your favorite HDTV broadcasts.

The reason I ask, is I am a college student, and work 3 nights a week. It is very hard to decide what my new work schedule should be. Hopefully with the results in on this poll, It will make my decision a little easier to make. Please feel free to post what shows made you pick that one night a week to not miss watching HDTV.

Thanks, Fred

Sorry I did not include the Fox network.:D

·
Registered
733 Posts
Thursday C.S.I. & The Agencey

:)

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Sunday:

Sopranos

Band of Brothers

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Man, I voted for Tuesday because of JAG and the Guardian. (JAG can be dumb at times, but it looks purty. Guardian is actually really good writing for television.) I was actually thinking that Sunday should be an option because of Alias. But then again, HBO has a killer Sunday. I catch Band of Brothers on Tuesday or Wednesday if I miss it on Sunday.

Sopranos? What can one say? It has won bunch o Emmys and been nominated for a slew more. I have been trying my damnedest to catch every episode in the first three seasons. There is no night in the week that can compare to the HD offerings on a Sunday night. All of this High Def is keeping me from getting my Fox animation fix. Why can we have crap like Home Shopping Network on cable and satellite and no Simpsons reruns on FX? Most channels on cable suck!

Jim

·
Banned
3,772 Posts
Yeah - Sunday has Curb Your Enthusiasm too

even though it isn't in HD.

Sunday often has a network movie (e.g.:ABC)

at 8 or 9pm.

*but*,

Band of Brothers is about to be done...

Any day of the week is great if you can timeshift!

Buy a HiPix card, record stuff and watch it

when you can!

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
My vote is Sunday. I'm going to miss Band of Brothers!!! Sopranos is great.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Could a mod possibly substitute Sunday in for Friday, because no one has voted for it, and I am not able to do it.

Thanks, Fred

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Sunday is definitely the best night because that's the one and only night I use my Panny PV-HD1000 to time shift network programming. With my current setup I can't use the Panny to record ABC so I watch Alias in real time and tape Sopranos and BOB for later viewing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.