AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Will you be getting your paint from Lowes or Home Depot?

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,837 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.costanza /forum/post/19638209

Room has some ambient light, so I want a "gray" screen for better blacks. I believe the projector hasn't been calibrated. Suggestions?

RS-MaxxMudd LL

Proven time and again with the venerable Z2, on Screen sizes up to 140" diagonal.

S-I-L-V-E-R would be the absolute best solution, but is a trickier "do"

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay. Maybe I wasn't clear on my question. What's the "best" off-the-shelf (no mixing, layering, dancing in circles, etc.) paint for a Z2 in a room with ambient light? Will your suggestion have gain? Do I need gain with gray paint? Iwould think so. Thanks!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Behr Silverscreen. 1 gallon. Home Depot. Ask the paint department, they should know the mix.

I did just that. Pics: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post19546539

I'm not happy w/ the ambient performance, nor blacks though, so I'm in the middle of RS-Maxxmudd w/ a sprayer. Not that hard AT ALL. I was very very adamant about going the spray and "dances in circles" paint route but it's a piece of cake. Just takes some $$ and time. I'm on my 3rd night of working on my screen. Hopefully will be done on the 4th night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.