AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace my nice bookshelves and center with something a little more wife friendly

Mostly used for watching cable channels and HD stuff, 5% movies, 5% music.

Large room with lots of openings, 20'x21'x10' ceilings with concrete floors and 4 openings, into the loud areas (kitchen/bedrooms)

I'm open to used stuff that is priced well/discontinued items, ect... $1500 budget.

Pinnacle Sonic 500 sub will deliver base.

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
65 Posts
Triad make great in-wall speakers. I have the In wall bronze/4 LCR. I used to have B&W in-walls and these are much, much better in my setup.

they list at $700 each so are over your $1500 budget, but you may be able to find a deal or second hand.

you can get great info from paul scarpelli (works at triad) in the triad thread in this forum.

good luck.

·
Banned
3,453 Posts
Check out the closeout on the NHT L-5 on-wall speakers at www.listenup.com . These are 3 way acoustic suspension speakers, and used to go for $575 each. They are blowing them out for $149 each! They come with very cool mounting brackets, and work well with a good sub. Oh yeah, Oliver Stone uses them in his home theater, Google it!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapoolboy /forum/post/15426844

Check out the closeout on the NHT L-5 on-wall speakers at www.listenup.com . These are 3 way acoustic suspension speakers, and used to go for $575 each. They are blowing them out for $149 each! They come with very cool mounting brackets, and work well with a good sub. Oh yeah, Oliver Stone uses them in his home theater, Google it!

Picked up 4 of these (I need one more) from Listenup on ebay with a 10% coupon code got them at $134 each DELIVERED. What a deal

Matt

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have the TRIAD ON Wall LCR 3.0 which is the front array (LCR) in one cabinet designed to mount under your Plasma. V-E-R-Y wife friendly ( she actually loves it). Sound is outstanding and very detailed. I like it for music but think it excels for HT or daily TV.

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschlesi /forum/post/15433457

I have the TRIAD ON Wall LCR 3.0 which is the front array (LCR) in one cabinet designed to mount under your Plasma. V-E-R-Y wife friendly ( she actually loves it). Sound is outstanding and very detailed. I like it for music but think it excels for HT or daily TV.

You can buy separate versions of that 3-in-one LCR; the OnWall Mini LCR; for $600 each, or the 3.0 version for $1,500. Either one can be custom sized to match any size TV.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.