Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
It depends on what you like.

If you like teamplay or stealth etc.

Call of Duty is excellent and United offensive is a better addition IF you like the tank portion of the battle.

If you are really into the vehicle portion then you might like Battlefield Vietnam but it is more team oriented as there is no single player death match.

Both of these games are quite excellent.

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
JOINT OPERATIONS TYPHOON RISING is the BEST online fps I've ever played up to 150 ppl on line at once, sometimes is laggy but anything under 100 ppl is awsome you will not find a better online shotter anywhere, and next month there will be a expanction pack with tanks and all sorts of goodiess, and theres always lots of ppl online for a great battle!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
You should go over to fileplanet.com and download some demos:

Battlefield 1942

Operation Flashpoint

Battlefield 1942 is probably your best bet. The core game is very good and the Desert Combat mod is superb (and free). Battlefield is the only game I know where you can operate tanks, battlecruisers, and aircraft on the same map!

Battlefield: Vietnam does not have a demo, but is also very good and has nice graphics. It has a good modern military mod called Point of Existance.

By all accounts Half-Life 2 is going to be the best game ever made, so you should consider preordering it on Steam. You'll get to play Day of Defeat (WW2) and Counter-Strike (anti-terrorism). There are a buttload of military online mods in development for it.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
You have to include Unreal Tournament 2004 in the mix as well. Great fun. It's not a "war game" per se, but it's team-based; and a magna cum laude FPS at that.

·
Registered
76 Posts
IMO, Ghost Recon for Xbox is pretty good.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Socom 2 for the ps2 is the most played game of all. 25k players online at all times. VEry, very, very, addictive. You have been warned.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I will third Socom II. The game is fun and worth every penny for the online gameplay. As far as the 25k players online at all times...its a little misleading because a lot of people have more than one user name so the numbers are a little exxagerated. But again, the game is awesome. zxlr8 and GKMad, what are your Socom names? Mine is :The Anomaly: maybe I'll see you guys in there sometime.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Neo57. true there may not be that many all of the time, but there is always action no matter what tim of day it is. I play online all of the time with my high end pc and xbox. Noboady has the #S that Socom 2 has. Mine is zxlr8 and I play in the Deser glory rooms in the US west servers.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Yep. Only through playstation mag right?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yeah in the OPM mag. Only gonna be one map but I guess thats good enough since everyone's been waiting for one. I look forward to trying it out. I guess this is my chance to see if I wasted my money on the HDD.

Sorry to anyone out there if we seemed to have hijacked the thread. Not the intentions, just discussing one particular game...

·
Registered
716 Posts
Battlefield 1942. Best online shooter ever.

Quote:
Socom 2 for the ps2 is the most played game of all. 25k players online at all times
Bah, mainstream LCD. All you need is the amount of players one instance of the game supports, those other 25k players don't exist perceptually ;)

Britney Spears sell millions of albums, so she's the best, right?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Have you actually played socom 2 for a time? I have played Battlefield 1942 and it is good, but not as good as socom. Remember I have played them all. For the computer, I still like Call of Duty over Battlefield. YMMV.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Call of Duty. The "Rifles only" servers are awesome. The playing field is even, and using the iron sights on the weapons requires the most skill of any other online multiplayer FPS game. It is a blast. I do like Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory also. It can be downloaded FREE of charge, so that one is a must try IMO. The Battlefield games are good too, but they lack a good infantry "feel" that COD and Enemy Territory have, but the vehicles are pretty cool. COD: United Offensive does the vehicles really well too, although there are no aircraft to use since it is a modified Q3 engine. I have yet to play UT 2004 or CS Source since I am so absorbed in COD, but I will eventually.

Click here to see how many are playing what games at the current time.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.