AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to do a wall mounted flat panel TV, and am shopping for wall mounted L&R 2 channel speakers to mount on either side of TV. This isn't a primary listening area ... its a study, not for critical listening or serious movie watching. From a looks standpoint, this is the kind of thing I have in mind ...

The speakers will be driven by a multi-zone amp system by Niles.

I am curious about what other speakers I should track down and listen to.

I am leaning to B&W FPM-5's. I've also heard B&W VM-6's and they are not nearly as good. The Martin Logan Frescoes were an early easy choice but they are now discontinued. Have heard the Martin Logan Encore's, and think they make a better center channel than L&R ... nice and open and very articulate, but a bit harsh, whereas the B&W are warmer, which should help in a cold room.

Starting with the L&R, and no sub. If I find I am wanting more, will later add a center and sub, as well as drive it with a dedicated AV receiver, but not sure I need that initially given the room and expected use.

Am I missing something I should go listen to?

·
Registered
45 Posts
The gallo stradas make for amazing on-walls. But, they are not as shallow/flat to the wall as some of the speakers you mention if that is a concern.

Take a look. I love my setup of 5 stradas on the wall, absolutely incredible.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Above the Millenia, Paradigm also has the Esprit in the Studio line and the W5 in the Signature line. I currently run the W5s for LCR, and they are astounding. The W5s are a very efficient six driver 3.5-way, with the coveted Beryllium tweeter.

Paradigm just dropped the price on the W5 by ~$1000/speaker, which sucks for me since I bought them right before the price drop, but it's great news for anyone looking for premium on-walls. They have the same number of drivers as the much more expensive S8.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts