AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in buying a short throw 4K projector with a throw ratio of around 0.8 which should let me position around 1.6m from my 90" screen. I think the Viewsonic X10-4K looks like a nice option, but I was wondering if there are any other choices for 4K at that sort of throw distance?

· Registered
323 Posts
I'm interested in buying a short throw 4K projector with a throw ratio of around 0.8 which should let me position around 1.6m from my 90" screen. I think the Viewsonic X10-4K looks like a nice option, but I was wondering if there are any other choices for 4K at that sort of throw distance?

I'm not sure off the top of my head if these projectors would fit your exact throw range, but these are a few "short" throw pjs I'm considering myself:

Optoma uhd-51a/uhd-51alv
Benq ht3550
upcoming Benq tk850? (assuming it's throw range is the same as the ht3550)
upcoming Viewsonic LS700-4k

Reactions: ChrisIW

· Registered
258 Posts
Hi there! I really would appreciate your suggest about my first projector, this is the scenario: big fan of my OLED 65B7 with Atmos home theatre wants to go big with a 100' cinema experience in my living room (low ambient light) with a tab tensioned electronic grey screen over the tv. I got like 2-3 meters to use a short throw projector for 60% 4K Netflix/Amazon/USB movie content and 40% Ps4 Pro 4K HDR gaming experience. So my short list is:
- Optoma hlu55 (smart led, nice 4k content) - £1.100 on Amazon
- Viewsonic x10-4k (same as above but better sound?) - £1.200
- Benq w2700 (great HDR movies but lamp/no cinema dark room?) - £1.300
- Philips Screeneo S6 (any idea?) - £1.450
- Brand new LG HU70LA (amazing LG OS experience, promising previews so far) - £1.500 - ish

Happy to wait until Black Friday but would super appreciate your support with key reasons, thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.