AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a need for a projector to use outdoors, in daylight, primariy for football. The screen will be on my porch with some light protection, but not much.

Any ideas or experience? I imagine high lumens is most important here?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
As long as you have daylight, the image will be washed out. Projectors cannot create black. Look at the screen area under the conditions you plan to view in. That is as dark as your image will get. It doesn't matter how many lumens you throw at it, all you will have is brighter highlights, but there will NO dark scenes and very little, if any, contrast.

Your best bet if you want a GOOD, viewable image, is to use a flat screen. And the added benefit is that you will never have to worry about lamp replacements.

That's my 2 cents on the matter, other people may have other opinions.

·
Registered
71 Posts
post a picture of your porch. i guess the best would be to take it from where the projector would be and then a picture of where the screen would be. i have a fair amount of ambient light during the day when i watch football and it works for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.