AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys please advise on who makes the best outdoor speakers, based on the following criteria:

1) capable of clear, thumping loud volumes for parties in an open area of about 4000 sq ft.

2) good aesthetics (a 2+2 system would be interesting as the subs could be hidden)

3) good value... I am looking for the point on the performance curve where you get the best performance for the best value. Budget is up to $3k for a pair/set.

4) weatherproof

Thanks for the help

·
Banned
289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farris  /t/1524414/best-outdoor-speakers#post_24533089

Can you guys please advise on who makes the best outdoor speakers, based on the following criteria:

1) capable of clear, thumping loud volumes for parties in an open area of about 4000 sq ft.

2) good aesthetics (a 2+2 system would be interesting as the subs could be hidden)

3) good value... I am looking for the point on the performance curve where you get the best performance for the best value. Budget is up to $3k for a pair/set.

4) weatherproof

Thanks for the help

I'm with Hookedonc4 (with the exception that C4 makes me puke
) that the James loudspeaker system is probably the finest on the market.

You will need a much larger budget than $3,000 to get what you described. You will need probably (at minimum) 8 of the medium satellite speakers and two 10" or 12" subs for an area THAT large.

The smaller system goes for about $3400 with an amplifier BEFORE speaker wire. It consists of 6 of the smaller sats and a single 8" sub ad goes for, with amp, around $3400.

Here is pic I just took of the sat 310DS in copper. Absolutely stunning!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts