AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

my headphones recently broke so ive decided to upgrade to a new pair. My budget is 200 dollars or under but realistically it will be around the 150 range. Ive decided to go with sennheiser after reading a lot of recommendations about them online, can you guys recommend me the best pair to get for my mentioned budget?

also feel free to throw in recommendations for other headphones that are better for the same price ect

for reference the headphones will be used mainly for listening to music on a computer and occasionally to watch movies and play games

any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatlingjohnny /forum/post/18158840

Hey,

my headphones recently broke so ive decided to upgrade to a new pair. My budget is 200 dollars or under but realistically it will be around the 150 range. Ive decided to go with sennheiser after reading a lot of recommendations about them online, can you guys recommend me the best pair to get for my mentioned budget?

also feel free to throw in recommendations for other headphones that are better for the same price ect

for reference the headphones will be used mainly for listening to music on a computer and occasionally to watch movies and play games

any help is appreciated.

I went threw this a few years back, i think in the 90s my sister got me some sony headphones. I used em for years till the cable started to flake out. I searched a few times for replacements i couldnt let em go then i found this forum called "headfi" thats all they are into is headphones.

I think i went threw 25-30 different pair of headphones, IEMs, cheap cans like the koss porta pros to i think the most i paid was for a set of beyerdynamics DT770

I finaly found the headphones i had Sony D77 were actualy called "eggos" found a few guys on there willing to part with their sets so i stocked up and bought 3 pairs of D77s and i think 2 pair of D66

You just have to try em and see what you like, all the headphones that forum of guys sugested sounded good but i wanted somthing with more midrange and i couldnt find anything that beat the eggos for sound or fit.

I think i had one pair of senheiser but they were a lower end set.

·
Registered
Revel M22 & C32, JBL P520WS, Revel W563 & Infinity ERS 110II, SVS SB-2000 (x2), Anthem MRX 720
750 Posts
Sennheiser HD 595.
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD5.../dp/B0001FTVE0

Excellent 'phones. They are a touch bass heavy (I find the AKG k701s more neutral (but they are double the price)). This is something most people won't mind at all. They are comfortable and light. The only gripe I have is the cord is stiff and somewhat noisy. Also, they can get a tad warm after say an hour. I could wear the AKGs for 8 hours, and while the Senns feel good, I never forget they're there. Stil, I use my HD 595s for movies and games over long periods of time with no issues.

Another consideration is that the HD595s are quite efficient. I've had no trouble plugging them directly into my MP3 player.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts