AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that this is a forum more for the Home theater systems, BUT I am sure that you guys care about your computer audio as well.

Just bought Logitech Z2300 for $80 on sale.
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Z-230...&s=electronics

Not impressed at all. Too much bass, no mids ... as a musician, I need quality sound. These don't cut it.

Anyone has any suggestions on PC speakers under $150 ?

thank you.

P.S. I know $150 is nothing, BUT I am not looking for loud .... looking for quality. Crispness.

·
Registered
29,118 Posts
I have my computer connected to a 5 year old Onkyo receiver and some Energy bookshelf speakers I found on craigslist. I'm pretty confident they're better than your logitech solution.

You could probably go that route if you're willing to shop for receivers and speakers.

But the M-Audio solution is nice solution and it comes with the cables you'd need for your soundcard.
http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Studio.../dp/B000MUXJCO

Quote:
What's in the Box

Pair of AV 40 Monitors, Two Power Cables, 1/8-Inch Mini-to-RCA cable, 1/8-Inch Auxiliary Cable, Bare Wire Cable for Speaker Connection, Two Traction Pads, User's Manual.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been using my Dell Speakers with Sub that came with the PC for years. Kinda fine with sound but being a musician I know it's lacking a lot of crisp and quality. At a good price upgraded to Logitech 2300 which sucks. Sound is simply louder ... that's all.

I don't have much space for the speakers but I do want quality sound.

2 models I am looking into are

1) Swan M200MkII

2) Swan D1080MkII

Any other suggestions? Will I hear the difference between these 2 models? Price difference is around $100.

thank you.

P.S. Not looking for major bass. Just want a nice thump (no floor shaking), good mids and highs. Quality. I listen to dance, jazz, pop, etc music.

·
Registered
543 Posts
You could get a cheap amp and some good bookshelf speakers-- maybe this plus Pioneer BS-41s, which would come to $170. Just run 1/8 inch to RCA to the amp. Or get a cheap stereo receiver like afro said. The Pioneers might lack bass depending on how large your setup is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts