AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now i am on the run looking for another tv. But here is my question....

Which tv has the best picture quality?

Sony

Toshiba

Samsung

Philips

Panasonic.

Put them in the order of top being the best and the worst at the bottom. Please i need help in getting another set.

Thanks

p.s. i know i can count on you guys.

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
Around here it is the opinion of most the best model currently is the Sony 34XBR800. However Sony is coming out with much improvied super-fine-pitch widescreen models in a few months.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what would be second best?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm partial to the XBR series myself, but Toshiba and Panasonic definitely have their followings as well. "Best" can come down to taste or personal preference in the form of color temperatures, black levels, sharpness/softness and convenience features. The best recommendation I can give is to view them in the store under the best conditions you can (this can be tough sometimes) , compare features, ergonomics, etc, and get what suits you best.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Because i am looking for the set that has great picture and a dvi input

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does the toshiba model accept 720p?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Look at the link in my signature. If you want something like my set-up or native 720p means a lot to you, then get a large-screen CRT monitor from Monivision/CTX/Princeton Graphics.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does the toshiba model convert 720p to 1080i or display it at 720p?

Also, how is the pq on the toshiba 34hdx?

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RAVEN56706
Does the toshiba model convert 720p to 1080i or display it at 720p?

Also, how is the pq on the toshiba 34hdx?
This year's Toshibas (34HDX82, 34HD82) accept 720p and convert it to 1080i for display.

I very much like the pq on the Toshibas ... the 34HDX82 was my second choice (behind the Sony 34XBR800).

As Kipp noted ... best thing to do is to go out and see for yourself. Depending on these message boards for reviews is ... um ... dicey at best.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would love to purchase the sony but the space that i have in my room only limits me for a width of 36. The sony is 39.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i am getting the hdx82

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
But why do you need to upgrade from the 34HF81 to the 34HDX82? Just for DVI and/or 720p input? Wait a few months for newer models that might offer even more features and lower cost. The 34HF81 is only about one year old.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
does anyone know the eta on these new models? i have until may 31 to get a new tv.

·
Registered
573 Posts
RAVEN

The Sony xbr910 is not expected until July according to one Sony press release:

http://news.sel.sony.com/pressrelease/3065

Sorry I don't know about the Toshiba models but maybe an AVSforum search would help or maybe going to the Toshiba website and searching for press releases or finding someone at Toshiba to e-mail would help. The Toshiba 34" widescreen is finding an important niche for folks who want a narrower cabinet. Good luck. :)

Rick

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I need a widescreen tv that fits a 36 width hole.

The sony's are 39 in width. I wanted to get it but dont have the space.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
There's a smaller Sony 30" coming out at the same time as the 34". It's the KV-30XBR910 Super Fine Pitch. This might be the ticket for your space. If at all possible, I'd wait to see it first before pulling the trigger on another TV.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.