AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I need some advice. I have decided on the Sanyo, which I understand is natively 540p. So I am thinking of getting a Malata DVP-520 dvd player which has x-y scaling and just setting that to match the resolution of the Z1. However, this leaves the cable picture, which is svideo. I have been thinking of buying a VB50 to convert svideo to vga and using the vga pass through to input the vga output from the Malata. Then just run a single vga cable to the projector.

Ok, so my questions are how will all of this work with a PAL signal? Do I need to buy the European version of the VB50? I know the VB50 outputs at 480p rather than the native 540p of the Z1. Does this make a difference? Or should I just run the dvd vga cable directly to the projector and run a seperate svideo cable for the tv signal.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. However, preferably nothing too expensive. Thanks for your help.

james

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
I can not answer your question but my z1 is great with HTPC at 960*540.

I believe a few dvd players have vga out. Try to find one which also can scale to x and y, otherwise go HTPC!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.