AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I heard a lot of good things about the avs forums and I'm glad I joined. Please help me out if you can.

I bought my very first LCD HDTV two days ago and I can't seem to be satisfied with the picture settings. It's a 32-inch Toshiba; model number is 32RV525R and it's identical to the 40RV52R and 46RV525R models.

I have it hooked up to the PS3 via HDMI and I would like to calibrate it for my games. If you happen to have the same model or are familiar with the HDTV, please provide the best picture settings for gaming, and for blu-ray movies.

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
There is a big difference between using someone's settings and having your TV calibrated. No one can calibrate your tv over the internet. You might Google these terms to understand the differences and educate yourself.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
short of paying someone to do the calibration the best suggestion i can give you is buy a calibration disc like DVE HD essentials or AVIA blu ray's and follow their instructions.

its not a full blown calibration but its as close as you will get without breaking the bank an with a TV of that low of model i'm sure you don't want to spend the cost of the TV for someone to do a pro cal job on it, not much would be gained over a good setup disc anyways.

for games make sure to set the TV into game mode, on Toshiba its normally the picture mode labeled game

·
Registered
3,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omeletpants /forum/post/18208190

There is a big difference between using someone's settings and having your TV calibrated. No one can calibrate your tv over the internet. You might Google these terms to understand the differences and educate yourself.

actually with plasma's of the same model if a person has done a specific burn in procedure and then did a calibration job, using their picture settings and service menu offsets will result in a picture that is nearly identical to what they calibrated their TV to provided you do the same burn in procedure to break in the phosphors.

LCD's often will result in the same thing provided each TV uses the same hardware as the one calibrated and samsung as well as some other manufactures put a big kink in that with using various panels and other parts in the same model TV's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts