AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
My experience with bestprices has been hit and miss. I ordered some d-theater titles that were in stock and everything went fine. I pre-ordered some DVDs about a month ahead of time and even though *they* got stock right on time, mine didn't show up until about a month past the "ship date." Funny thing was that they said they had shipped it, but that I would have to wait 2 months before they would investigate. When I called the 2nd time, I got the same story, but the next day the charge actually showed up on my online statement (which updates really quickly, usually within 15 minutes or less) and then one week later the DVDs show up. No postmark, so I can't "prove" anything, but the coincidences are suspicious and this whole having to wait 2 months before they investigate if something was lost in the mail is too much for me to risk another order with them.

·
Registered
225 Posts
FWIW:

I placed an order for "Terminator 2", "Ice Age" and "X-Men" with

bestprices.com on Tuesday and received "Terminator 2" and "X-Men"

today. Their confirmation e-mail said that "Ice Age" shipped soon after

the other titles.

Of course, I made an incredible leap of faith here, since my 30000U's still in

the shop for its overhaul.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
I just cancelled my pre-orders for DIE HARD and THE TRANSPORTER with BestPrices.com. They claim they never received their shipment and will get it in 2 or 3 weeks. This is the 3rd time BestPrices has given me that excuse. :mad:

So I will go back to DVDempire and hope they can do better.

·
Registered
255 Posts
DVD boxoffice also charges $49.95 for their DVHS titles. I think I will take my chances with bestprices.com for almost 1/2 the price. I ordered Ice Age for bestprices last week and it arrived today. Not too bad at all.

DWhite

·
Registered
20 Posts
hey DWhite the 45$ is in Canadian $ the US pris is 34.45$

still not as cheap than bestprice but nice. and the have free shipping world wide. nice if u live out side the US.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am waiting for a number of movies from two suppliers. I will not mention their names because I believe the blame for the lack of supply does not reside with them but with the studios backing up DVHS. One can only assume that there is not enough pre-orders for announced titles from the DVHS community as a whole, hence the long delay and the possibility of no release for specific titles in general. I find the situation somewhat disconcerting yet strangely fascinating. We all want this format to succeed because we already know what an incredible experience watching a DVHS movie is. My two cents worth: DO more pre-ordering guys. Its a case of percieved demand versus actual demand.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I ordered my first batch of three D-VHS movies from buy.com last week. They weren't the cheapest (about $30 each), but they shipped the day after ordering, which doesn't seem too bad. They should arrive less than a week after I put my order in.

I also ordered T2 from amazon.com. I paid a premium price it seems ($35), but they were one of the few places I found that actually had a few copies in stock.

·
Premium Member
26,464 Posts
I just placed two orders in as many weeks with bestprices.com....both orders were shipped within 24 hours of ordering (was able to get a copy of Terminator 2-had two copiesyesterday for $22 or $24, I think). Even with my luck-I appreciate the probelms others have had with BP.

When I see DVDplanet listing titles (Bone Collector for one) and never having them in-stock...it's disappointing. Who is the best company with price in mind to pre-order from? The Mummy is coming up and would love to get it on May 20th.

·
Registered
472 Posts
-------- It seems to make a big difference if you order "IN STOCK" tapes from BestPrices.Com.

--------Here's my experience(s) over the past couple of weeks:

************ 1. I ordered U-571 on Friday, April 11th. Cost of the tape was $33.25. I had the tape sent Priority. Just as I expected, the website showed the tape as being sent out on Monday the 14th. Remember now, BestPrices.Com is located in California. I knew that Priority Mail takes 3 days (at best) from California to Florida............not counting the day it is mailed. Well, I didn't get the tape on Thursday, (as expected), but I did get it on Friday the 18th. To my surprise, it had a Memphis, Tennessee postmark on the package???? Something wierd here. So, it took 7 days.

************ 2. Next, on Thursday, April 24th, I ordered X-Men and High Crimes. They were both in stock. I did NOT specify priority this time. Shipping was only $4.50 , total for both tapes. Tapes were $24.03 each. Website showed the two tapes shipped on SATURDAY the 26th. from Memphis. To beat all, I received the tapes today, Monday the 28. This is VIA s l o w , s l o w Media Mail........... I can't figure this out?? So, this time, it took only 4 days......

I will probably order from them again........................ as long as the tapes are "IN STOCK." Plus, I'll select the Media Mail LOW price!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey guys! Just thought I would drop in and see if anyone had any questions about Bestprices.com - since I work there and all :)

Tom: even though we are headquartered in California, we ship out of 4 distribution centers, Memphis is one of them. We try to find the closest

warehouse to you that has it in stock so it takes less time in shipping.

Aslo, Something about mary, Phone Booth, and DareDevil were just listed

for preorder today.

thanks!

Shawn

·
Registered
472 Posts
Shawn,

------------No questions from me. I sure like the way BestPrices has a tracking system that works even with media mail. It's nice to "keep track" of tapes and watch their progress in arriving.

----------------I've got another DVHS on its way now. I plan to order "The Transporter" from you next.

Thanks, Tom B.:)

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Are there any B&Ms who sell D-Theater? I thought Tower did for a while.

Sometimes the impulse buy is the best buy. I would never order ID4 online, but if I saw it on a shelf I might get it. :)

Anyone?

Thanks.

~~Nathan

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.